Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Second Issue?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> Under the Canopy
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:32 pm    Post subject: Second Issue? Reply with quote

We need stuff for the second issue. Here's some extensions of my plots:

Prince of Austia Needed

The Ball that was planned by the Austian Royals was a smash hit in the literal sense, according to survivor's reports. As the Prince of Austia stepped forward for the first dance of the ball, the roof of the ballroom collapsed, revealing a band of Brigands who had destroyed the roof with some sort of device. The intruders quickly overwhelmed the party's guards and escaped with hostages, among which include members of the Tigathian delegation, the Princesses of Tharivol, and maidens of Scarport, Launcia and Ansteorra. It is reported that the King of Austia, bereaved over the near death of his son has ordered a bounty on the bandit, known as 'The Dragon's Claw' and his followers.

Reactions:

-Adventurers: Perhaps now is a good time to travel south to sign up to search parties.
-Commoners: What happens if the Dragon attacks here? If they can overwhelm elite Royal guards, what does that say for Ansteorra?

Economic Report:

The closing of Valanthas has all but stopped magic item production as the amount of magic spell components has reached terminal levels. The Ansteorra Mage's guild and the Enchanter's Shoppe are running out of even be most basic reagents and potions. Something must be done to free Valanthas, or all spellcraft may become ineffectual.
Mithril in Launcia has become far more plentiful, causing a massive selloff in price. Reports indicate that a cabal of Dwarves have been arrested in connection with a price-fixing scheme.

Reactions:
- Mages: This is not good news. Rationing supplies can only go so far, and your spells keep you in business. Valanthia must be freed! (OOC Note: All Mages lose two preps per round, minimum 1)
- Investors: Well, the price drop has made Mithril much more plentiful, but you probably lost a lot of worth.
- Everyone else: Without mages, what happens? Certainly there will be a lot less magic around, and that leaves Ansteorra in a tough spot. Rangers/Druids/Seal Acolytes and Clerics are much in demand.

---Edited

Last edited by Kitzibeth on Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dissident
Board Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking good, though the first one is a little... uhm... outrageous?

I mean, couldn't they have just been attacked by assassins? That would be a bit more frightening than a giant dragon. Unexpected, and all. Raises concerns, and doesn't sound so... crazy. They could have used some sort of rigged explosive to bring down the roof, too.

Also, for the second, don't put in the prep reduction. Post that on the IC or OOC boards. UtC isn't mandatory roleplay, so there shouldn't be mandatory restrictions in it. Some people might not even read it.
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dissident wrote:

I mean, couldn't they have just been attacked by assassins? That would be a bit more frightening than a giant dragon. Unexpected, and all. Raises concerns, and doesn't sound so... crazy. They could have used some sort of rigged explosive to bring down the roof, too.

Assassins are so overused. Brigands, though, are not. Wink

Quote:

Also, for the second, don't put in the prep reduction. Post that on the IC or OOC boards. UtC isn't mandatory roleplay, so there shouldn't be mandatory restrictions in it. Some people might not even read it.

Well, this is important plot, so I'll put it on the IC boards as well. I think that some of this should be 'mandatory' in the sense that they are real events happening in the game world, you know? They aren't just suggestions.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zagnafein
Unique Title
Unique Title

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Gypsies - Part 2

It would appear that the city authorities have finally broken under the strain of the constant stream of protests thrown at them by the commoners in relation to the gypsies.

One of the younger men in the gpysie band has been arrested, and is soon to be put on trial for suspicion on various thefts throughout the city; swindling the local populace to buy charms with no magical effect whatsoever, and a myriad of vandalising acts. The trial's date is yet to be announced as the young man is kept in custody.

The gypsie band itself hasn't reacted publicly to this, though their leader has been seen going to the army fort often.

Reactions:
The general populace: This would most probably be something you expected, with all the roguish acts they've been up to. The trial's outcome should be interesting; as long as the rest of the gypsie band doesn't try anything funny!
Dissident
Board Lurker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2003 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitzibeth wrote:
They aren't just suggestions.

Actually, that's the main idea of the newsletter. For mandatory things, a post should be made on the forums.
Dissident
Board Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Grave Diggers: Several corpses were found strewn about the royal tomb, dug out and exhumed earlier in the week. The bodies, three in total, were all recognized war heroes, and it was reported that pieces of jewelry and other adornments were robbed from the crypts. None of the other graves were disturbed, which complicates the situation for the various guard officials investigating the incident. So far no suspects have been identified. Currently the bodies and bones have been returned to the stone coffins they were taken from, and a small ceremony was held for any living relatives of the disturbed.

How might you react?
-Warriors: Perhaps you might be investigating the incident. Even if not, you'll want to keep a closer eye on the crypt for some time. To think that these veterans were treated with such disrespect... What if your corpse was tossed around for a few gold rings?
-Mages: Suspicion is starting to spread within the ranks of Ansteorran mages. It was reported that the stolen jewelry had magical properties.
-Rogues: With every event like this, there are more fingers pointed at all of you. You will need to be more cautious until this dies down. Perhaps, even, you're the one responsible?
-Everyone Else: Typical, you never even thought the dead would be left to rest. How disgusting, just hope those responsible are dealt justice for this disgraceful crime.
Marlina
Missus Marl

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tidings

Northward of the central capital of Ansteorra have been increasing numbers of verified reports, that villages and towns have been either razed, or suspiciously vanished from the normal contact lines. At this time all that is truly known is that a large band of peasantry, and other lower class type people have been wreaking havoc throughout the area. Further-more, along with a hefty bounty upon the known leader of these people, the army itself has seen fit to vacate the main Kingdom, and eliminate this threat before it can become more than such.

Possible reactions include:

Warriors: A fine oppurtunity to further the fame of your family name, either by assisting said rebellions or fighting against them as a valiant member of the Ansteorran Army! To join this noble group of fighting furre's, the simplest route would be to contact their Lord Commander. Cunning and clever wits would be needed however, to commit the act of treason that be joining Damien's forces.

Thieves/Rouges/Bounty Hunters: Although various members of your illustrious order have been in league with the 'Freedom Fighter' Damien, there is still a profit to think about. 'Tis times like these in which war propspers upon a land, that money can change hands, for the silent removal of an opponent? Then again, who needs the law, perhaps the long-term benefits of the rebel's propsed political system, outweighs the excessive bounty laid upon him.

Mages/Everyone else: Although not greatly affecting your groups, it is still a matter of some concern for all, for with the sealing of Valanthas and now this, any true contact with the north has been completely severed. And the thought of ar is not one that ever truly sits easy with many a-furre.

Stop using the magic system like that! BAD FAIRY!
Solinox
The Solinator
The Solinator

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Avengers' Depart: The sightings of Starlight Avengers in the city have reduced over the past several months, and as of recent weeks, not a trace of the elven mercenaries can be found. It seems that the band has simply left the city, though some suspect that they are choosing not to appear at all for reasons unknown.

How might you react?
Rogues: This seems a little strange. Some of your contacts can assure you that the Starlight Avengers have left the city for good, while others have heard nothing at all. Perhaps, by keeping a close eye to the shadows, you might be able to find a few hints...
Everyone else: Although this is quite interesting, you aren't too concerned with mercenary groups unless you have some connection to such bands.
Dissident
Board Lurker

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, I think the issue is pretty much done. I'll work on the site tomorrow morning when I get back from ye olde night shift, and upload it by the afternoon.

Here's a basic summary...

Plots:
-Tidings
-Grave Diggers
-Economic Report - Part 2
-The Gypsies - Part 2
Rumors:
-The Avengers' Depart
-Prince of Austia Needed (might change the name a bit...)

Yes, I know some of these have been moved to categories they weren't intended for, but this fits the four plot, two rumor requirement. We could go ahead now and start gathering ideas for the next issue? I really would like to get a bunch of rumors instead of more plots this time. Remember, we need five plots at least, and two rumors equal one plot in value. Maybe six rumors and two plots next issue? That would be nice and juicy. Next issue is scheduled to come out on the 28th.

As a note, for the plots that are currently 'Part 2' at the moment, please try not to drag them on forever, a 'Part 3' might be necessary to wind things down, but it really shouldn't go past that. We want variety, and repeating old business can get boring fast.

Oh, and if you're truly, totally, undeniably offended that I'm moving your submission to the wrong section, speak now or forever hold your peace. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> Under the Canopy All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: