Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why hello there
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solinox
The Solinator
The Solinator

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:19 pm    Post subject: Why hello there Reply with quote

Since Kitz seems to have created a forum for introductions, I'd like to introduce myself to the new members and applicants. Unfortunately, I haven't had the chance to meet many of you; my work schedule for the summer doesn't leave me with as much free time as I'm used to.

I've been with the guild since the early days and have been roleplaying using my main character, Solinox Avelhar, although I've also played a dwarf named Brax Thunderclap and have a few plot or faction related NPCs that I go on every now and then. Years before coming to Ansteorra, I came to Furcadia simply because it was an online game that I didn't need a credit card to play. I gradually became a member of the general roleplaying community and settled in Ansteorra.

I like to think of myself as an easygoing person. You'll often see me cracking jokes at every possible opportunity and referencing internet memes at times when being serious simply doesn't feel right. That having been said, feel free to talk to me whenever you want. The best way to do so would be by AIM, and I don't mind random IMs. I'm totally noob friendly!
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yay! Thanks Sol for being the first to post.

Anyway, I think I'll introduce myself; it's the first time I have ever done it, but I think it'll be ok ^^; I'm Kitz, the Rah, also known as Kitzibeth, Kitzerina, Ursula Phardis, Albrecht Steinnemann, Alouette En'Fleur, Six Vandrena, and a bunch of others that I can't think of off the top of my head. I've been a member of the guild since 2002, and became Rah in 2003. I've been around Furc much longer though, I joined originally back in 1997 when I was in college, 'cause a friend of mine introduced me to it.

I'm pretty laid back as a Rah, so people tell me. I prefer to have the day-to-day stuff run by the Taneests, mostly because I'm too old for things like free time! But if you have questions, problems or want to contribute ideas, feel free. I'm always looking for people who are interested in (or can be forced into) writing up parts of the continuity that aren't done Very Happy

But yeah, so that's me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Sirum
Runt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems I've done some good requesting this forum be made, already it looks like a bunch of newbies are posting in it.

<3 I'm your friendly/not-so-friendly neighborhood greeter, dream editor and question answerer. If there's a problem, send it to me and I'll see that it gets settled.
Erk Mendon
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirum wrote:
3 I'm your friendly/not-so-friendly neighborhood greeter, dream editor and question answerer. If there's a problem, send it to me and I'll see that it gets settled.

Yeah, assuming you I'M A BARBIE GIRL IN A BARBIE WORLD, COME ON BARBIE LET'S GO PARTY LALALALALA [Erkedit]I couldn't resist, Si. Razz[/Erkedit]

I'm Erk/Liela. I've been playing Furcadia for maybe seven years now, and have been in Ansteorra for four years now. I don't think I'm allowed to answer questions. Sad

Last edited by Erk Mendon on Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sayyida
Merchant
Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I go along with the fad. Cool

Um. I'm relatively new to furc, actually. >_> Compared to y'old farts. Two years, now. x3 A little over. Aaaaaaand I've been with AK for a month or few now. Very Happy

Iplaythecrazyperson. One of the few.

Um. I'm Sayyida! Or... Sayy! Jea. Wink

I can also be awkward. :B
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HELLO I AM STRANGER TO THIS LAND FOR MAKE NEW HOME OF ANSTEORRA.

... Hi, I'm Shayde, but people either call me Shay or Katie, and that's totally cool too. I have played Furcadia for roughly five and a half years, and been in Anst for nearly three (at the end of this summer). Wait. Holy crap, I've spent three years in this hick guild? When did that happen?!

Anyhow, my main interests include being friendly to people, arguing with Sirum over trivial minutiae, and doing anything that doesn't involve the Combat System. <3!
Tantsui
Noble
Noble

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH GOD HOW DID I GET HERE IM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER
OH GOD HOW DID I GET HERE IM NOT GOOD WITH COMPUTER

Oh, wait, there we go.

Hi everyone! I'm Tant, and people have resorted to calling me that because I've had so many alts it's almost pointless to remember any of them. People have also been known to call me "Skittles".

Some people look at me weird when I say I've spent about seven years in Furc. I've been here in Anst for around four years, maybe longer (though I really don't know at this point, and was never keeping track). Possibly my most memorable characters were (and are) Tantsui and Ira Ashen. Though I still play as Tantsui on occasion, I've dedicated most of my time to my newest character, Eran Maxwell.

I'm known for being somewhat of a CS (combat system) nerd. But those who know me also know me as a music nerd. I am currently seeking more things to nerd out on.

In the Bible, 2 Samuel 12:7, the prophet Nathan rebuked Ding Kavid for his adultery with Bathseba and murder of her husband with "You are the man..."
Rashenel
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

(insert random saying)

Rash here. I play Tremare Clefon in Anst, though he wasn't my original. Been with Ansteorra for what, 5 some years now? Kinda drifted in and out though, so to speak. A few years more than that on Furc in general.

Uh, got any questions 'bout stuff, I could answer for ya. Just make sure it's not about physics or science in general. I hate science. (damn wagon-full loads of homework)

Known as Tremare Al'Taen Clefon, rarely others.
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, Trem, a projectile is launched off a cliff at an initial horizontal velocity of 23 m/s^2 and an angle of 36 degrees with the x axis. The cliff is 147 feet high. How many seconds does it take for the projectile to hit the ground?

<3
Alina
Merchant
Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hallooo. I'm Alina Smile
My chars full name is Alina McElroy though.

Not really much to say except let's rppp SmileSmile
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shayde Enkiar wrote:
So, Trem, a projectile is launched off a cliff at an initial horizontal velocity of 23 m/s^2 and an angle of 36 degrees with the x axis. The cliff is 147 feet high. How many seconds does it take for the projectile to hit the ground?

<3

<PhD>About 9 seconds. I did it in my head.</PhD>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ruby Pyralis
r00blar
r00blar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh boy, I'm bad with introductions.

I'm Ruby and, as you can see from the little date to the left of this post, I joined in 2003. As some of the veterans here might remember, I technically first stopped by Ansteorra a few months before this and annoyed everyone to death while I was a noob. I freely admit to having been a moron at one point... But the recovery is still long and hard! V

Don't take any of the perverted nonsense I say seriously, I'm actually not a very dirty person, it is just fun to pretend I am while on Furcadia. I will admit that I'm not always the easiest person to contact because I AFK so frequently and don't always check my AIM messages or whispers before turning the computer off at night. If I don't respond, I'm probably not ignoring you. Just try again a few times and I'll get back to you sooner or later... I believe a few people have my cell phone number anyway if you desire my attention so greatly, so ask around.

I play Ruby Pyralis, sometimes Kaas, and rarely others. Though my character(s) may be cold, heartless bitches, do know that my IC actions never reflect OOCly on my feelings toward you. Chances are that I'm purposely RPing my character in an unfair and unjust manner, so I hope people can learn not to hate me OOCly for giving their characters a hard time. <3
Rashenel
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're lucky that's grade 11 physics Shayde. Very lucky.

Known as Tremare Al'Taen Clefon, rarely others.
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
<PhD>About 9 seconds. I did it in my head.</PhD>

I hate you so much ;___; It would take me like an hour to do that, with the aid of a textbook.
Rivyn
Danger: Foul Language Ahead
Danger: Foul Language Ahead

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like, whats up. I was the third or fourth person to officially join the guild, and can recall when it was a treehouse that I played a doll-loving vampire in. Hollah if you remember the mind-flayers.
I've been on Furc since back when Dragons were new, after getting dragged here by some people from a text-based game. My hatred of furries is well known, creating an odd sort of feeling for me whenever I log on. Astute observers will note that virtually none of my characters are furres for this very reason.

I don't get in here as much as I'd like to these days, but when I do people go nuts because everyone fucking loves me. Also, I'm super-modest.

Hm. I play Rivyn, Fyrious, Shaez, and big friggin pile of others, I don't put [AK] in any of my descriptions because I never leave this place (it is my nest, which I defend with vigor) and apparently people think I'm good at stuff. In case you were unaware, I always vouch for Kitzibeth's ideas (publicly, in private I let her know how I feel with whips and boots) and combined with my super-forum-powers this makes me YOUR LORD AND MASTER. Otherwise I'll change your title to 'eats poo' (ask Sirum).
The most common character I play is Rivyn, and I am a huge powergamer so you'll have to deal with that. I'm also infamous for creating a lot of one-shot alts that are essentially mobile puns or tiny Marios.

In real life, I'm an ex-network installer and computer nerd currently attending college in Bumfuck, Minnesota and am learning history and some other bullshit. That's really all you need to know, I guess. I like to think of myself as approachable, so feel free to ask me questions, but I do take the 'Away' function of my IM client pretty seriously, and it's also set to make a lot of damn noise when someone sends me a message. So if it says I'm sleeping or busy, make sure you really, really mean it. I will bite your head off if you say 'Liek wut how duz I spells orihalcum'
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> Introductions All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: