Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Patching input
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> OOC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Artspace
Merchant
Merchant

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:44 pm    Post subject: Patching input Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm Artspace, the spazzy person doing patches for you. Jesto invited me over, although I've gotten some feedback already, so that everyone can post what they think and I can make things just the way you like.

I'll post this tavern again, just so everyone can see what's done so far--although as requested, I've taken the 'mug' tables out and adjusted the shadow:

Here is, also, current work on the mage building.

Not done yet (sorry, finals right now), and I'm thinking of making walls with smaller bricks. I'm also not liking the shadow right now and want more contrast. Thoughts on this? Big bricks versus small--which do you prefer seeing? What engraving do you want on the walls? What do you think of the vines? (I plan on adding some vines with flowers as well.) Let me know! This is your dream and it's important to have it exactly the way you want it!
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First off, thank you so much for doing this.

I like the tavern, however looking at it gives me a headache. It's too much brown on brown with lines. The floor and the counter look good. You did a great job with them. My eyes bug out when I look at it though.

I like the big blocks on the Mages building and I like the plants as well. It's a little too bright and clean in my opinion.
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to concur with Kele on the tavern, the countertop shouldn't have lines on it like that, I think my eyes are going to implode xD

The mage's guild looks nice though Very Happy Maybe somewhat smaller bricks would make it look more realistic though. Maybe 2 rows per floor?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ruby Pyralis
r00blar
r00blar

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kele-De wrote:
I like the tavern, however looking at it gives me a headache. It's too much brown on brown with lines. The floor and the counter look good. You did a great job with them. My eyes bug out when I look at it though.

Agreed. I like each item on its own, but together it confuses the eye. As for the mage guild, we should add matching doors. Cool But otherwise, I agree with Kele/Kitzi.
Wilowah
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks coolish awesome.

The whole... one plank per row for the floor tiles seems a bit odd... maybe shorten the individual planks of sorts, so there's more than a handful making up the whole floor. Smile

It is my goal to confuse you sometimes. Take pride in confusing me when you manage to, accident or not.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since the tavern's supposed to be made from the remains of a ship, and those are about the size boards on a deck would be after being recycled, I like the size they are now. Very Happy

The bar counter stripes could be made parallel so that they don't hurt the eye, and perhaps lightened a bit in colour so that they stand out a little, but that's really all! I love the look of the Guild and tavern. :3
Ruby Pyralis
r00blar
r00blar

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I didn't know it's made from a ship. If that's the case, could the planks be made wider, just to make them look a lot bigger as opposed to a lot longer? I think that might help make it look less confusing, personally.
Artspace
Merchant
Merchant

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback. I think what would really help me, is if you found some sort of picture or some setting that gives me a better idea of what you want. So far I haven't had a lot of information so I'm just sort of feeling my way through. Do you have a better description of what you'd like for the tavern and mage building?
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 6:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is what I think of when I think of the Mage's Guild - with a little more growth. I think of the phrase "elegant decay". A little dark, a little gritty but still beautiful.
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Absolutely. Very Happy
Artspace
Merchant
Merchant

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... who is giving me an official answer on what to keep in these designs and what to get rid of? Some people like the tavern floors and others don't. What do I do?

Does everyone agree on the picture posted for the Mages building?
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have seen three main arguments both on this thread and outside it:

- Make the bricks in the mages' guild a bit smaller.
- Change the doors to match the colour of the stone (that's just a recolouring ctrl+k job though)
- Change the floor tiles of the bar so that the planks look shorter lengthwise, not width-wise. This will detract from the confusion of the perpendicular lines.
-Make the lines of the bar counters a slightly lighter shade so they aren't as obvious.

I'm guessing that's the 'official' enough stand! I think it's beautiful already. It's totally changed the look of the tavern and guild. <33
Artspace
Merchant
Merchant

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool beans. Will take a screenie when I'm done and post, and begin background work.
Artspace
Merchant
Merchant

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Taking inspiration from the picture you provided for me, here is work on the new mage walls.

Edit: the bricks at the bottom of the wall there were due to the wall not being repositioned before I screenied--fixed it afterwards.
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ARGH SEXY. Hugs! Looks great to me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> OOC Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

Jump to: