Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Why Ansteorra retained so few new members.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> Ramble On
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kalannar
Pronounced "Asshole"

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As much as I'd love to take credit for that one, wasn't me. I was kicked off the application boards after about a month when they started realizing that I rejected 99% of them with very little good reason. A dick I may be, but I've never said I would withhold an application or any other false bullshit along the lines of threatening with fake in-guild rank.

The way I see it: if a person wants to think I'm high up, I won't say I'm not, but if they know I'm just a member who's been around for a while then there's no point in fabricating truth. Most people are formally instructed to ignore me and my wicked cant from the start, and that I am just a regular member.

As much as I'd love to jump into a heated debate about all the various real reasons the guild has virtually fallen apart, I don't really give a shit about anything Sirum says. If you still think I'm the only reason this guild is falling apart you need to get your head out of your own ass for a little while. As is, I'll be just as happy to shoulder all the blame in order to sate "the mighty one's" need to point fingers. After all, The God Sirum must be appeased!!!

Grow up a little, hm?

"It's hard to be near that much hardcore and not absorb some of it. Like awesome osmosis."
-Rivyn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hate to say it's true. It's not Kal's fault (Though that incredibly vehement reply was definitely uncalled for, and I wonder who needs to 'grow up' here) and it's not any one person's fault, but yeah, some of us were rude to the newbies at times. I know I was. Razz
Kalannar
Pronounced "Asshole"

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got away with arresting someone? Hah, that's awesome. Cool I'm not sure how I treated her OOCly but I believe I recall, apart from that episode entirely, that I disliked her. But then I dislike every newbie to some degree, so what else is new.

Perhaps I overreacted with my first reply in light of your response, Si. I'm sure you all know me well enough to know that I see my name dropped in an accusatory statement and I switch to auto-defense mode. Apologies appropriated.

In any case, it's no mystery to me that newbies were treated poorly. As everyone knows I'm a longtime perpetrator of poor newbie relations. I've crafted it to a fine art. An art, as everyone should know by now, is to be ignored and waved off when necessary. See also: always.

"It's hard to be near that much hardcore and not absorb some of it. Like awesome osmosis."
-Rivyn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> Ramble On All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: