Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Moving on, and Remembering.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> OOC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Path
Lord Narcolepsy

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 8:58 pm    Post subject: Moving on, and Remembering. Reply with quote

It seems like things keep turning over a new leaf. I periodically go into Anst and see that we have some new faces, and a lot of the old ones are nowhere to be found again.

After the third time of walking into an empty dream, it's had me pretty depressed, remembering the old times. I really don't want to let things peter out like that. We've written some damn good stories here together in Ansteorra, and I'd like to try and make sure I don't forget them.

I'd like to begin writing about them- laying out the chronicles of the stories told in Ansteorra dating back to our earliest days. I think it will be a good opportunity to remember older players who have left us, and the fun we had back then. I think it's alot less sad than just forgetting about them, and moving on to bigger and better things.

In this forum, please post about what your fondest stories were in Ansteorra. What events and characters do you recall the most? (Please, not your own). What was the most fun you had, and who do -you- want to remember?
Also, if you wouldn't mind these stories being taken into a third party context, please let me know. I'd love to begin writing my own rendition of characters like Sirum, Kitzibeth, and the Rune-War, but it just wouldn't feel right without hearing about it from you guys. =)
Marlina
Missus Marl

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*consider*

There's something to be said of innocence and the myriad pseudo-love affairs that popped up and never really came to locked doors and external dreams. Catherine getting shot down by Rakuro while he was still dating Celeste springs to mind and that tree thing in the corner of his shop that was semi-sentient. Or Kitzerina and Sirum sorta dating and going off to rivers together. Or the classic bit with the Flaming Tempest of Desire (Shaez and Kitzibeth) and Rivyn explaining to Shaez that Kitzibeth was in fact a lesbian. <3 Good times.

City of Towers was fun, though it looked like we were going to get slaughtered right off the mark, if not for Dalin deathblowing that Voidkin. We didn't actually accomplish much there, aside from getting Hikari killed again, but still a fun and memorable quest. (Very good dream)

I also liked that there was a time where... Even though you might not see more than eight people in the dream actively RPing, you could rely on at least twenty swarming in on your quest. That didn't say good things about the memberbase, but it did at least not hamstring you due to lack of participation.

Who do I remember most? Tressym, that chauvenistic cat of Zag's. <3 And Sirum, while he was constantly around and so easily dragged into whatever plot I'd come up with. I'd like to remember everyone I roleplayed with heavily and acknowledge that what I've done in Anst has been a huge stepping stone towards the eventuality of me publishing a book.

Stop using the magic system like that! BAD FAIRY!
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't been here as long as some of y'all. But I do remember this:

I remember Shayde, Tek and Triona's alt (I forget her name) deciding that they were going to form a social club and named themselves 'the Undecided'. Tek was still new then, and was just a little nameless guard under Rivyn, who liked to randomly pop up and blow things up to strike fear into the noobs' hearts.

When Rakuro and Marlina were talking about getting married, and it seemed a distinct possibility.

When Illithai got shot down by Sirum 'on accident', and Ajax Avelhar showed up with a ton of elves for no apparent reason other than that it would be fun.

When Axani was too little and kind to do anything but sit on people's shoulders and have a good time drinking elderberry wine. She wasn't even a Cleric then, yet.

When Rakuro and Devon got into a spat over theology, and when Kitzibeth decided to take the party to a long-forsaken island of the Aramagi (and almost to the moon on accident as well!)

The hunt for Shayde's underwear atop the flagpole of the Ansteorran gates. Myralis, Dirk, Axani, Tek, Orhi, Jesto, and several others were all there going nuts.

Cepi not knowing what a fork was.

Solinox's proposal and Taereal's standing up for Shayde when Entad was threatening to kill them both. Both were incredibly corny events and absolutely heartmelting at the same time. <3

Catnip and Jesto. 'Nuff said.

Isilde discovering her magic, making little candles flicker and taking her newfound book in secret to Rakuro and Kitzibeth for advice.

Tower of Trials quest, all of it.
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are no memories more fond to my heart than those that involve everyone just getting together and experiencing and creating wonderful plot.

... on the card quest when I told the NPC players to "be evil"; and they made it like Saw long before that movie came out.

... when Hiki got himself killed on the City of Towers quest, and Kitzi turned hs corpse into a pookie with x's for eyes. That image still makes me laugh.

... Kitz and Kuro discussing magic.

... The relationship between Kitz and Erk; it was wrenching to play.

... Feel my love. Anything with Erisvan: Zagnafein's death, Sirum being a thrall, and shattering Whiteflame's eyes.

... Ruby's first visit to Ansteorra.

There are so many more. Even Caseal was memorable.... I miss Anst.. Sad
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kalannar
Pronounced "Asshole"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hm.. man.

Dalin's kick-assery, and swearing upon his name for good rolls.

Kalannar and Marlina's forever-ongoing rivalry and sarcastic, biting comments to one another.

The journey over the Northern Forest when the airship was attacked and crashed, and the following journey home with Zagnafein and Kalannar.

Zag and Kal's mentor/friend relationship; the Ranger's Guild.

All of Sirum's desert quest, the journey to and from Tharivol.

The completion of Wailing of the Void; Rivyn carved the runes onto it personally.

Sirum, Kivae, and Kitzerina's unending mischief.

Rakuro: just about any and everything he did was always fascinating and memorable to me. His eventual transformation from a rather off fire mage to a raving, psychotic werewolf.

There isn't much I can say that hasn't already been said. Ansteorra has been a huge part of my life, even if I always was a lack-luster member. My character's nature never really lead him to have any notable social experiences, save a few. I do miss the old days.

"It's hard to be near that much hardcore and not absorb some of it. Like awesome osmosis."
-Rivyn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Fenrorell
Gentry
Gentry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Kal about the things with Rakuro.

Give us the Saga of Rakuro.

Anything with Rivyn involved is memorable and interesting. Anything with Miyth involved. Um...
As a newbie, even though I've been here well over a whole year, I have always wondered about Sirum's past. >.> I mean, really. What the ***?
Details, plz.

I sort of want to see some of the alleged history with characters that were generally being complete dicks to new people being nice to old PCs. Just...as assurance it really existed.
Rakuro
Possibly Mexican and / or Jewish

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, gee. That certainly makes me feel special. Saga of Rakuro.

Moving away from being egotistical;

...Anything involving Rak and Kitz. The severe Teacher/Student - Mother/Son - Archmagess/Upstart Punk pairing was always the best for late-night discussion of magical theories. Everything was awesome.

...The days when we were the low-level questers, with no idea what we were doing, fighting monsters that weren't really that scary but seemed like they were anyway.

...Anything where Rakuro and one of Kal's characters got into an argument. You were and still are my favorite freeform opponent of all time.

...The Tomb of Amin'Briathe. 'Nuff said.

...Catherine O'Hara.

...The many, many nights spent doing nothing but bantering around the arena.
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakuro wrote:

...Anything involving Rak and Kitz. The severe Teacher/Student - Mother/Son - Archmagess/Upstart Punk pairing was always the best for late-night discussion of magical theories. Everything was awesome.

Hugs! We totally didn't do this enough.
Erk Mendon
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...The escape from Ansteorra. Classic plan there, it's a shame we don't see copycat plans. NEEDZ MOAR VIXENZ

...Erk being tied up. Again. And again. And again. Yet never being raped.

...Erk's soul being taken. Plot twist!

...Erk/(Kitz/Rak/Sirum/Marl/etc.) relationships. Always been full of violence, tears, and giggles.

...Sirum's antics

...Hikari dieing over and over and having various body parts taken.
Zagnafein
Unique Title
Unique Title

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is easy.

The Rune Quest. All of it.

That first test of the combat system when a bunch of Drow attacked the gates.

Speaking of gates -- Man thee gate, and the mafia gun.

That time when Rivyn kicked our collective asses in the arena.

Basically staying up until 4-5AM on quest nights just to see them through.

Castlemare.

Months where Zag would just mindlessly chase after Sirum. And that time he stomped on his face with his bootheel, or tried to. I feel guilty about that, in retrospect.

And now I've just realized that I actually felt guilty about a roleplay; about some words on some pixelated program. I guess that's Ansteorra for ya!
Tantsui
Noble
Noble

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Caeseal, man. All the way.

In the Bible, 2 Samuel 12:7, the prophet Nathan rebuked Ding Kavid for his adultery with Bathseba and murder of her husband with "You are the man..."
Dirk Felis
Bartender par Excellance
Bartender par Excellance

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lesee... I've been in the dream for quite some time. I suppose most of my fondest memories are back when random people would walk into the tavern and RP would just happen. But if I had to make a list:

The Dirk and Triona stuff before it got weird.

The Nazi time traveller RP with Garrett (though it doesn't technically count as Ansteorra ^.~)

The surprise of seeing Ciran actually live longer than the 2 weeks I predicted he would.

Dirk first getting the Bilge Rat.

Dirk and the Blackrose stuff with Kitzibeth and his few pirate escapades.

Dancing naked in the tavern to remove Sirum's listening devices.

Getting Shayde to slap L'rox after a bet.

I really wish my memory was better so I could list and note all the best of times, but really what kept me coming back was being able to show everybody who came into the tavern a good time. For the most part anyways. That and what few comraderies Dirk had when he was in Anst. Oh... and riding around on Hikari like Master Blaster xD

Grivyn: Your ideal line is "The world is ending and the only shelter is in my pants."
Mara Dark
Bubbles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I miss everything. And not just the IC junk, but the OOC too.

Caesael probably sticks out in my mind more than anything else. Something about getting Mara, Kele and Ruby drunk and going on soldier panty raids is just funny.

So is Chloe, and all of her wonderfulness.

Not leveling up for one year was something fun and memorable...So was avoiding leveling up.

Anything and everything to do with all of the RP in Anst brings fuzzy feelings.
Vitrethjad
Halfsquire

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2007 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Didn't really need to respond to this thread because... Shayde pretty much listed every one I had on my mind. o.o Then again, she and I joined roughly the same time, so that makes sense. So I'll repeat, and add some.

Tower of Trials was my favorite quest by far, but Sirum's multi-dimensional, many-gimmicked quest-of-joy was pulling for first place, if only it kept going! These quests were most exciting because they weren't just about the quest, or God forbid about hack'n'slashing and XP-whoring; they were settings for us all to RP in, and the RP, with radically new material with which to RP, was fantastic. Hats off to Sirum for that.

Path's Pirostia Expedition quest did much the same thing with hanging out in the tent for a couple weeks, which was very awesome as well.

ICly, Vashtii. Her exotic charm, her demeanor, and everything else about the way she defied prejudgments about her attire, about her background, and even about the collar Axani got her. As far as characters from Anst fit to be in a fiction novel, Vashtii is right at the top of my list for her many layers of complexity. It's just too bad the CS was always threatening to force her into a pre-made mold that didn't fit her or suffer the consequences, or we would have seen her on quite a few more quests.

OOCly, even though I didn't get the chance to know her as well as many others before me, Chloe is pure love. Just the times she was around made Anst that much warmer.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> OOC Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: