Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dark Gathering

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:49 pm    Post subject: Dark Gathering Reply with quote

The hooded figure glanced over the small gathering. There were six of them all together, standing in a circle in the dead of night in a secluded area of the plains. These were the six who had most easily been seduced over to his cause. How easy it had been to ignite and manipulate their already bloodthirsty nature to something he could use. Stepping up to one of the females, he caressed her cheek and watched as a shiver ran down her spine and her eyes glinted even more with the desire to create the carnage he had shown her by a simple touch. He went and touched each of the others in the same manner, producing the same effect: a shiver of the spine and alighting of the eyes, lending an even more savage appearance to them. Four males and two females, his elite little circle, which had spread such mayham and terror while at the same time converting others of their ilk to his cause. Erigon would be so proud; his plan was coming together perfectly. Slowly, he was gathering an army - and soon it would be large enough to bring death to the whole of Calenndor - not just the small area of the coast he was presently at.
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The breeze off the sea was quite refreshing as even though it was midmorning, the heat, sunlight, and humidity were already making the uncomfortable. Some little children were playing on the beach, gathering shells, racing to the water and back again. Even in the heat, the children had bounds of energy and life. The rest of the small town was bustling about with their business. The market square was full of traders and customers going on about their lives.

*Shhhthwackkk* The sound of bones shattering could be heard above the din of the crowd as the arrow drove through a body in the center of the square. *Thud* *Crack* Were the only sounds heard in the silence that followed as the body crumpled to the ground, breaking more bones. *Aaaaaaaaaaaah* The scream that followed broke the silence and sent the crowd scrambling in every direction, searching for their children, and hurrying home to cower in fear behind their doors.

The small army moved in quickly. There was not even the normal war-cry they usually sent echoing as they attacked. Each man, woman and child was cut down as they made their systematic way through town.

"Please." The cry of a small boy around the age of six, with sandy blond hair and bright blue eyes, was heard on the beach. He looked up into the face of an experienced warrior. Red war paint decorated his face in various designs. "Please, don't kill me." The child knelt on the beach, his hands in prayer position as he begged for mercy. The warrior raised his axe. "Please. Why?" The innocent eyes focused on the cold face above him. "Because I can." The reply was said without malice, in a tone colder than the frozen tundra of Sargothas, right before the warrior swung her dual headed axe down and rendered the little body in twain.

Life stopped that day in the small town by the sea.
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2007 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One survivor - just one and the only reason he had survived was that he had been out on the water fishing that morning. His boat was hidden behind some rocks in such a way that he could see the attackers but they could not see him. He watched only a small part of the slaughter before lying down in the boat and listening to it. The sound carried over the water and no matter how he tried to shut it out, he could not. He waited for hours upon hours, until the sun had set and there was naught but the stars to guide him as he rowed to shore. Being that the village was in the southern region, he rowed south along the coastline until he could see the jungle. Then, he rowed ashore and began walking. Using the stars and the huge black outline that rose into the night sky that was Grak'thar. He traveled only at night and found what shelter he could during the days so he could rest to keep his strength up during the journey.

The cloaked figure slammed his fist down upon the table. He knew things had not been right, however until this point there had been no evidence to the contrary. There had been rumors but that was it. Now, here was concrete proof that things had gone terribly wrong. Shaking his head, he turned to his two companions in the room, whispering so only they could hear. "Take care of him well. Treat him as an acolyte. Allow him what freedom you can, but keep him in the mountain." Turning to the haggard looking furre, he smiled. "You shall have most of the freedoms of the acolytes here, however I simply request you remain in the mountain for your own safety." Haunted eyes never left the cloaked figures face through the entire conversation until now, when he nodded. "I wouldn't leave the safety of the mountain right now anyway...not after witnessing that carnage."

Turning to his companions, the cloaked figure whispered to his companions once more. "I'm leaving tonight to speak with her. We need her. The illusion that she's here is no longer enough. The Seal of Mind must return."

Under the cover of darkness, he mounted Nova. Kele had left her scarhawk there to continue the deception that she was still in Tigath, though she was not. Nova would get him to her quicker than any other Scarhawk, even his own and he needed speed. He also did not want any to know he had left, other than the two he had already told. This had gone on long enough. Now that there was proof, something needed to be done to stop it.
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those that were there, experienced Kele's nasty temper as she stormed into the tavern, had a very brief conversation and then stormed out. She had said she was leaving for anywhere from a week to a month. It all depended upon how quickly and what methods she could find to get to Tigath and back again. Had any seen her departure that evening, they would have seen two cloaked figures on the back of Nova. The Seal Mistress and the cloaked figure who took off to retrieve her from Ansteorra, the Seal of Harmony.
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shayde likes to lay out under the canopy sometimes. It's a way to forget things and to remember things. Arms folded behind her, she sits up when she hears the noise of departing mounts.

She knows Kele's scarhawk from other occasions of adventuring, but is unfamiliar with the Sealmistress's figure encloaked or that of her riding companion. Nevertheless she can make enough of a guess to watch them leave the district; she raises a paw and makes the sign of the Vinca, having been witness to Kele's storming-in earlier and figuring it must have something to do with this.

"Eh. Primes go wiv'," she says to the disappearing scarhawk, and then flops back once more.
Adam
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nayaioh, having been the one that Kele pointed to within the Broken Dagger, was now charged with putting together the dream team of adventurers--six in all--that would be ready at a moment's notice to ride to Kele's homeland. Nayaioh knew that's where they were headed because of Kele's words: "We may be fighting Tigahrrim." It chilled Nayaioh to the bone, but also steeled her courage. It was nights like this the reminded the femme what he true purpose in life was.

It didn't take the snowlioness long to exit the Broken Dagger and find Shayde sitting by the canopy. The first one. Kele had mentioned Shayde specifically, wanting the femme on the team due to her skills in cartography. Nayaioh also wanted the panther-feline on the team. Apart from being good with maps, Shayde was an excellent swordsfurre, with a hint of magic here and there wherever needed. If there was ever a jack of all trades, Shayde would be that femme.

"We may be following her soon enough, Shayde," spoke the Austian femme, "Kele has informed me that when she returns, between a week and a month from now, we are to be ready to fight some Tigahrrim." Nayaioh gives Shayde a few moments of silent relflection, to let that sink in. "On top of that, I've been charged with putting together a group of six adventurers to go with Kele, and you were the first one I was told to ask." Nayaioh lets out a sigh that she had been holding onto since gasping at Kele's sudden arrival. She brought herself to sit next to Shayde, placing her hands demurely on her lap. "This adventure sounds very dangerous, but at least we'll finally get to see Kele's homeland, no?"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The panthress easily enough consents. She's never been to Tigath. It sounds fun. 'Nuff said. The question of the other four party members-- or five discluding Naya herself-- is one that can be answered later, in due time. Let the pieces fall where they may.
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kele had other things on her mind and thus was not thinking about who was to accompany her on her next journey to Tigath. She trusted that Naya and Shay could find four others who would be trustworthy and hopefully powerful enough to face what was coming. She had put such thoughts out of her mind after she had pointed at Naya, left her instructions and whirled around storming out of the door. Now, she was focused on getting to Tigath as quickly as possible. Thankfully, she had friends in high places. Her first stop was Valanthas, where she met up with Kitzibeth who graciously opened a portal for her and Caed. The portal opened directly to Grak'thar. That night, they arrived in Grak'thar. Before leaving however, Kele penned a quick note to Naya and Shay.

Quote:
Nayaioh and Shayde,

I apologize for leaving so hastily. Things are wrong in Tigath and have been wrong for sometime. The Tigahrrim have tried to quell the rumors of the Western tribes being overly aggressive. They have until now had no proof of the tribes aggressiveness. There was a survivor and I'm off to question him and get as much information as possible. I will return as soon as I possibly can. This is not going to be an easy fight. Choose wisely who is to accompany us on this journey. I feel it will be fraught with danger and hardship. Be well and I shall be in touch when I can with more information.

Kele

Resting overnight in Grak'thar soothed her some. It felt good to be within the mountains halls once more. The next day, she sat down with the survivor and gleaned all the information she could from him about the attack. There were things she needed to do in Tigath before she could return to Ansteorra. She had to prepare for what lay ahead...the knowledge she carried weighed heavily upon her heart.
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the battle raged within the tavern, Kele was fighting her own battle....

She was visiting her brother and had some more pieces of the puzzle. Slowly things were fitting together. She had managed to learn a lot more than she had even hoped.

It had only made sense to reach out to those who would be helping her. She wanted them to have as much information as possible as quickly as possible so they could be as prepared as possible. She had barely been in the tavern when the Gloomwraith appeared. Her concentration was focused upon her friends; she should have been more aware.

A second Gloomwraith had appeared while she was focused on trying to help her friends. She hadn't had time to pass them necessary information, but that was no longer important as her own life was in danger. Thankfully, Dev had been with her and had shouted at her, breaking her concentration and pulling her back to Tigath. It took her several moments of playing the dodge, duck, and cover game before gaining her concentration.

She knew using her glaive wasn't going to get her far against this enemy and she knew it would go after Dev if he attacked it. "Don't touch it Dev. Go, see if you can find another Seal." As he ran out the door, trusting that Kele would be fine, she began the fight for her life. Using all the tricks she knew, she slammed the wraith with spell after spell. Not all of them worked, not all of them hit. However, after fighting well into the night, she finally collapsed into a heap on the ground, exhausted mentally, emotionally, and physically. The Gloomwraith was vanquished and she needed rest. Dev had returned just before she completely collapsed, in time for her to tell him he needed to get her back to Grak'thar, unfortunately he had been unable to locate another Seal Acolyte. Her last thought was of her friends. She hoped they had figured out how to defeat the assassin before it killed them all.
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A hastily scrawled note would arrive via courier addressed to Ruby Pyralis, Marlina Evenstar, Nayaioh Young, Shade En'Kiar, Axani the Faerie, Dayla Algraves, and Ira Ashen. Once opened, the sealed parchment contained the following information:

Quote:
I shall meet you in Northern Tigath in a fortnight. Do not worry about finding me, I shall find you. Just head into the plains and walk northwest. I will find you when I am ready.

Kele

Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The second Gloomwraith dissipates into the night. The rat creature growls. "You may have defeated my wraiths, but you can never defeat me!" He raises his staff above his head. "The Fray shall not be so defeated." With uncanny speed he bullrushes Kele and leaps upon her. >>Okav˙lis!<< [10/10] He shouts as they both vanish.

Kele finds herself disoriented as she is transported away from the battle. Recovering, she turns to face the Priest. "So, you decided to face me yourself finally."

Their battle raged for hours, neither willing to give ground to the other. In the end, two bodies lay upon the ground. A small group came to gather the one while leaving the other where it was.

Sometime later, a note would arrive at the tavern:

Quote:
To the Ansteorrans who helped us,

You are always welcome in Tigath. Feel free to visit any time.

There is some terrible news that I must impart though. Kele-De after capture, fought the Priest and I have not seen her since.

I wish you well.
Devnet

Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Important!!

XP for this quest is +30. Disregard previous numbers.

The rest of the loot is the same Smile
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 8:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC note: Thank you to those who participated and stuck with this story arch through to the end. It was a difficult decision for me to do this, however Kele had ceased being a fun character to play. I appreciate you all for helping me to do this as it's not easy to retire a character you've played for years.

~Kele
Adam
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2007 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOC: Takes heart to throw down your character like that, all for the sake of a plot. I will certainly honor that by sticking with the storyline to the end. Nayaioh won't let it go down like that and leave it there, that's for sure. They took Kele from her, and now she'll want revenge.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: