Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Prelude - Bravado

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solinox
The Solinator
The Solinator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:12 pm    Post subject: Prelude - Bravado Reply with quote

"The Dark Fellowship has submitted to my lordship," the cloak figure announced, "and now the Silver Swords have sworn their allegiance. All goes according to plan."

The Mage tried to hide his look of uncertainty. He knew that his master was growing strong in the underworld of the city, but he acted too arrogant for someone of even his considerable influence.

"There is still much work to be done, my lord, if we are to succeed in our true goal.." he replied, emphasizing the last two words in an attempt to wake his master out of his dreams of megalomania.

"Ah, but of course," the figure answered, though he frowned slightly at the mention of the 'true goal'. He had forgotten about his real purpose in the city, too busy entertaining the idea of a street fiefdom.

"Any orders, my lord?" the mage asked, tapping his foot.

"Go and make our presence known," the figure quickly pieced together. "Perhaps a simple exposition. It is time that we came out from the shadows." With a wave of his hand, the mage bowed and left the makeshift throne room.

[Be prepared for a mini-quest on Thursday, March 13th, at 7:00 FST. Only low levels (1-15) may attend. This quest is the Prelude to the Streets of Ansteorra series of quests.]
Jayce Ithil
Merchant
Merchant

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2003 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll be the first to say...... PICK ME! Razz
Hikari
Hiki Pony

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2003 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Count Yomogi in.

[The Devil]: "There was a time when I used to get lots of ideas... I thought up the Seven Deadly Sins in one afternoon. The only thing I've come up with recently is advertising." - Peter Cook as George Spiggott "The Devil" in Bedazzled (1967)
Solinox
The Solinator
The Solinator

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[Summary of the quest.]

The bank warden's voice rang across the city, and adventurers sprung to the scene almost immediately. They encountered a powerful mage, and three cloaked warriors.

"Do you even know the powers that are gathering in the darkness, the subjects of whom you arrogantly defy? Are your senses so blind with pride, children of Ansteorra, that you cannot even feel the dagger at your throat?" the mage said as the group stood up to the robbers.

When things heated up, the mage whisked himself away with a simple spell, though its power could be felt by all present. This was no mageling that had stood before them. The remaining three rogues panicked and ran through the alleys, but the party was following on their heels.

They took cover in an abandoned warehouse, and as the group entered, the rogues sprung to the attack. As the party discovered, the warehouse had been trapped, with a few pressure plates triggering darts to be fired from slits out of the walls. Despite this, the rogues were cut down with fine fighting by all of the party members--Grivyn, the sure-footed monk, Hina, the rogue master, Gibb, the barbarian warrior, Rakuro, the clever wizard, and Xeknos, the daring fighter, among them--and a silver badge was found on each of them.

Jayce Ithil was able to trace the origin of the badge to a mercenary guild known as the Silver Swords. Little else was known, until Solinox was consulted. He was knowledgeable about such things.

"The Silver Swords are a minor street guild. They rarely make alliances, but that doesn't explain why a powerful mage would be with them." Later, he was able to identify the mage as Aeryn Windguard, an exhile from the city of towers in Valanthia. He is known in the underworld as a rogueish sorceror. The connection between Aeryn and the Silver Swords remains a mystery.

[40 exp and 50 gp was awarded to all participants, loot was basic armour and weapons. Anyone that didn't receive the gold but attended the quest should add it to their total, as the gold bag wasn't opened until later.]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: