Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Wisdom

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hikari
Hiki Pony

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 10:20 pm    Post subject: Wisdom Reply with quote

The night he found out Cyan was no longer of this life, The paladin rommed the halls aimlessly, he was happy for Cyan's fortune, but he was indeed going to miss him... His walking eventually led him to the library, even after hours, it was open for Teachers. He strolled to the side of the book shelfs, searching for something to interest him, he found that everything he had either read it, or didnt catch his eye, facts, he pondered, nothing more...

Until a single, small, old tome, caught his gem and made him curious, he reached for it and slowly pulled it out, careful as not to damage it like most of the delicate books, and gazed at it, it had no name on the cover, it was all dusted and wrinkled, it was probably another study of the passages of some saint or another, however, he was curious, because most of the books here had letters in gold ingraved to the cover, or was properly concerved, but this one looked like someone had just thrown it on to the streets... Lightly, he opened the cover, still, no title, he passed a couple of blank pages, and finaly he came to some text, he started...

"Dear Reader, If you're reading this, then you must be noticing that this book lacks tittle, thats because it doesnt need it. Once you're done with it, You may just throw it away, because it will not help you, unless you find it-"

"Hikari, its after hours, get to bed!" The Bishop shouted from the door, and the paladin was suprised, he obaid and emedietly went to his chambers, where he proceeded to sleep "Im too tired to continue this book right now" and placed it inside his bags.

Its a bright sunny day in Ansteorra, as Hikari greeted the sunshine atop the mage's guild, now the highest building in Ansteorra since the castle was demolished. He gazed at the bright morning, and smiled, its glow reminded him of Cyan's Aura, and his over all wisdom... wait, i had forgotten something... The book! And with that he jumped off the tower, glyding radiply twords the Clerics guild.

He searched through his belongings and found the concerning book, however, this room's lighting was so poor he would first go blind with a magical eye than compleating the book without a headache or two, and so he moved to a place where light flooded and the cool breeze is always up, the Mage's Guild.

Seated upon his throne of bricks and air, he opened and continued...

"find it and learn from it, whoever wrote this is of no importance, what is important, is that who reads it, practices it".

Upon continuing, Hikari found that the exact font of the paragraph above was not repeated in the whole book, nor were the colors, he probably hadnt noticed it because it was night when he found it. The rest of the text were one page per font and color, he skipped them all to find that it was not finished. He returned to the first page and read...

"Courage is not the lack of fear, but rather more courage is the will to fight your horrors, for no one is without one. We are not cowards when we run from danger, we are cowards when we let our terror prevent us from prottecting others. You're mind always has one master, yourself or your Dread, you must controll it, or it will controll you".

He was impressed, no one had ever explained with solid words how Bravery is to be thought of... He continued.

"We we're not brought into this world to be alone, we came here to share with others, there for we are never alone. We always have the thoughts of our companions, the love of our friends, and the support of others with us. When we hear no one's voices, it is because we dont need them, for it is then when they can be felt the most".

On and on the teachings continued, each page was filled with knowledge that came from a thousand and one life times...

However, the last one to be written, was the one that got him the most.

"Teachings are good, aslong as we use them correctly, and aslong as we make our own thoughts about them, for if we hear but dont act, we are no better than those who we seek to correct"

With this in mind the pegasus hopped of the tower, flaping his ethereal wings as hard as he could, landing at the entrance, where he met with the Head Cleric and said "I need to leave for a moment, I shall be at the order" he entered hastly, and was asked "Doing what?" he turned around and with a smiled he said "Re-Reading".

[The Devil]: "There was a time when I used to get lots of ideas... I thought up the Seven Deadly Sins in one afternoon. The only thing I've come up with recently is advertising." - Peter Cook as George Spiggott "The Devil" in Bedazzled (1967)
Hikari
Hiki Pony

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Library had become the new home of the Paladin, as every day and night he read through books, writting down with his quill every single teaching, until by the end of the week he already had twenty-eight pages, he spend nights reading them over and over again, each and everyone ment so mutch...

At the twelve day of his stay, he asked for a new outfit, and upon receiving them he went to mass, where the Bishop took time to gaze at him, for his new garments were that of a Cleric. A white robe with white pants that had the Emblem of the Order across the chest, he stood as the talest one in the uniform.

After the ceremony, Hikari was asked by the Bishop to explain his attire.

"To help those in need, we must propagate the message of peace, what am I in an armour and a blade on my back, more than a symbol of agression? Ofcourse i have not renounced to my Paladin duties, but from now on i will only use them when necesary, for this is now how I walk".

With that, Hikari flew back home with the book, his armour, uniform and hope back to Ansteorra, on his glowing wings.

[The Devil]: "There was a time when I used to get lots of ideas... I thought up the Seven Deadly Sins in one afternoon. The only thing I've come up with recently is advertising." - Peter Cook as George Spiggott "The Devil" in Bedazzled (1967)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: