Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The Quest for Booze, gold, and loose women!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dirk Felis
Bartender par Excellance
Bartender par Excellance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: The Quest for Booze, gold, and loose women! Reply with quote

It was without much thought that Ansteorra's friendly neighborhood cheetah boarded the vessel described by Butterburr for Himo. It was when the vessel came under attack before it even left the port that Dirk would begin to realize that this was by no means a pleasure cruise. Stowing himself away in some corner, and doing his best to stay out of the way of the crewfurres. He can only ponder just how long it takes to get to Himo, or how many more times he'd come under attack during his trip

Grivyn: Your ideal line is "The world is ending and the only shelter is in my pants."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Poor Dirk.

He didn't realize that his life would end so soon.. again.. but sadly, the cheetah sat at this very moment unaware of the imminent doom that he would likely face.

The Ship he found passage on, the ARS Roger Moore, was commandeered by none other than a group of furres that were not her crew, on a mission that was quite unlike what Dirk had planned on. To adventure? Or escape?

Little of this mattered to Dirk at the moment, for he was hungry, and they had only had moldy hardtack for three stinking days! It was easily a few hundred miles down the Thistledown river to reach Scarport, and the time clicked by onerously. Not allowed to step abovedecks, Dirk's eyes adjusted bitterly to the dank lower decks, the musty smell of something horrible lingering in his nostrils.

On the 6th day, he was dragged up to the Foc'astle deck. The bright light shone into his eyes, and he blinked a few times before he could focus on the partially reconstructed docks of Scarport, the skyline dominated by a tall marble tower of the new Cathedral.

"Arr. Ye be 'avin' a choice laddie. We nae be stoppin' 'ere. Ye be joinin' us, or ye be swimmin t'port."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Dirk Felis
Bartender par Excellance
Bartender par Excellance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Left to sit in a place remiscent of his old days in Thamrivol, he only grumbles as he settles down below decks before coming across the blinding power of the sun.

"Just my damn luck" he mutters, giving a cursory glance to the waters seperating him from the local port. It is thus he folds his arms across his chest, and begins reflecting on just what Burr had told him before he left. At least what he could remember anyways, which wasn't terribly much.

Had such a proposition come up earlier in his life he would have taken it without even the slightest of hesitation, but right now he had things to take care of. "Hope that offer stays open, but for now... a swim sounds just fine." and thus... he very likely dives over the side of the boat swimming for the shoreline to find Burr's -real- contacts this time.
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk would like to jump, for sure, as his fate certainly would rest in the claws of brigands and pirates should he stay.

But even in leaving, is fate rests with brigands and pirates as they grab the poor furre and drag him amidships. After carefully and lovingly tying a brick to each one of Dirk's limbs, they toss his furry butt overboard.

"Have a nice swim, yarr!" The Cap'n shouts as the Roger Moore raises the black flag and sails off to parts unknown.
Dirk Felis
Bartender par Excellance
Bartender par Excellance

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is rightly miffed at this new development, and has every intent of beating the hell out of Burr should he ever make it back to Ansteorra. Those thoughts would have to wait, however, as the good barkeep continues to sink further and further downwards.

The ties were fairly simple, and thankfully he still had a pretty good degree of mobility... save the fact his limbs were now weighted. He quickly fumbles open the pouch at his side to remove the only blade he's had on him in some time. It was a knife he'd never thought he'd use, and who's enchanted aspects didn't even really do anything that could help him now, but it could still be used to cut the ropes, and thus he begins doing so.

Swimming for the surface, he has this sinking feeling [I'm so sorry, but I had to say it x3] that he would not make it to the surface before he would pass out.
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alas, Death's icy embrace would only tease Dirk this day, as his head popped above the waves. A thousand feet from the docks, and his limbs already tired from the exertion. It would be along night for young Dirk Felis.

A few hours later, the Cheetah found himself bobbing listlessly, and being yanked from the water by the scruff of his neck. Lights cut through his waterlogged eyes, and in his wearniness, he could only make out a few hazy shapes before he plopped on the dock, mind racing with the last thing he heard...

"Aye, damn fool this lad me. swimmin all t'way across t'river."
Dirk Felis
Bartender par Excellance
Bartender par Excellance

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fate seemed a hideously cruel mistress these days. How was he supposed to know the water was below freezing? He'd never even so much as seen the open ocean prior.

At least he'd have a proper burial this time, a few last comforting thoughts to himself as his conciousness makes a few final slips. Oh, so this is the light at the end of the tunnel... bit dissappointing, coughing and sputtering not long later as he tried to make sense of the fact that he wasn't dead after all.
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dirk Felis wrote:
How was he supposed to know the water was below freezing?

The water -is- still liquid Dirk Razz It's not the cold water but the rather long 1/5 mile swim that wore him out Wink
------

The next thing Dirk would see is a darkened room, a few lights, and a rather comely-seeming femme tending to him. He was wrapped up under blankets, and the smell of some sort of sweet spice twinged his nostrils, making his whiskers wiggle.

"Ah. Are you awake my son?" The femme asked. Upon second look, his eyes adjusting to the nighttime, the nurse was far less than Dirk had dreamed - rather old and withered, this cleric was. But at least Dirk was alive.

And naked. His clothes were evidently drying near the fire.

"What, if I may be so bold as to ask, drove you to swim all the way to New Scarport from Austia?" The Cleric wondered aloud. "Or should I ask that in Austian? I don't know too much .. emm.. Vous swimmer avec les bruchette?": She tries hard, but Dirk doesn't speak Austian either...
Dirk Felis
Bartender par Excellance
Bartender par Excellance

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"Where am I?" come the wearied words of the cheetah when he eventually came to realize that no, he was not sleeping in the tavern... and... that he lacked any of his normal evening wear.

"I, don't think I've ever been to Austia actually, but more to the point how'd I end up indoors? And... what made you think I was Austian?" taking this time to bundle up the sheets about himself as he sits upright. He wasn't going to give any free peep show if he could help it.

Grivyn: Your ideal line is "The world is ending and the only shelter is in my pants."
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The old crone of a nurse smiled to Dirk, hustling to his bedside with a platter of cookies and a spot of tea. Without looking at his hasty attire of blankets, she answers him plainly.

"Well, you did swim across the river, did you not? It is such a long way! It is not matter. You were found floating near the docks. Primes be praised that you were not just another body."

She then padded rather quickly toward the window, to open it to the fresh air. The creaking wood allowed in the sweet smell of some incense or purfume from outside, carried sweetly on the night breeze.

"Oh do forgive me, sir. I am Sister Mary Delicious, and you're currently in the houses of healing of the Order of the Red Fruit. I don't think anyone knows -your- name though."
Dirk Felis
Bartender par Excellance
Bartender par Excellance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"More or less I suppose you could say. Seems the boat I was on took on some poor company. Though I suppose that's not entirely uncommon about here." glancing still to his clothes as he realizes that yes indeed he would have many words with his employer.

With a sigh and a cursory glance towards his clothes, he begins nibbling upon one of the cookies, and setting the tea within easy access as he makes his own introduction. "The name is Dirk Felis, from Ansteorra. I work at the Broken Dagger as a barkeep, and it's a pleasure to meet you." It is only a moment or so later that his nostrils continue to take up twitchings as new smells fill the room from the outdoors. It is thus that he can only begin to wonder what scents would assault his nostrils once he'd actually make it to the marketplace. "You wouldn't happen to know who pulled me from the water, would you?"

Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The cookies, oddly, tasted a bit tomato sauce-y, and the tea had a distinct red color and sort of sweet flavor, but it was food, and Dirk was likely hungry.

"Oh, I do not know who saved you, child. Just a dockworker, I would say. You were found at the doorstep carried by two furres, they didn't leave their names."

She then smiled, and yawned quite loudly. "If you do not mind, child, I must reture for the night. I have been on vigil - and now that you are awake, I'm sure that you are much better off than when you were not!"

With that, she clasps her paws in a very humble gesture, bows and pads out of the room, leaving Dirk alone in the firelit room.
Dirk Felis
Bartender par Excellance
Bartender par Excellance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 6:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gives a polite nod to the nurse proceeds to bid a good eve to her. "Thanks for the cookies and the room." before eating what food was left with a renewed gusto. Truth be told he was rather famished, and found even the tomato based foods quite appetizing after weeks of hardtack. As he gives a final glance to his clothes and finishes off the last of the crumbs, he shrugs his shoulders and elects to just sleep the rest of the night anyways.

"Screw it, they're probably not even dry yet anyways" he murmers, feeling far too tired and lazy to actually get up and retrieve them at this given moment

Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The morning light shone in through the window, gently tickling Dirk's nose as he slept, snuggled in the vaguely italian-smelling chamber. His eyes blinked slowly, sleepily as he realized that it was the morning, but he barely had time to react before his door was knocked on. From in the hallway came a pleasant, yet unfamiliar voice. "Good sir, are you awake? It is breakfast time!"

Dirk, famished, most likely, jumped up from the bed and dressed himself in his dry and fireplace-fresh clothing. He smelt very subtly of cedar, but at least he was clothed.
Dirk Felis
Bartender par Excellance
Bartender par Excellance

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is having his nostrils viciously abused by all the wonderful and pleasant things it seems. Indeed though, at the prospect of getting breakfast without having to prepare it himself he dons his clothing, taking a brief moment to enjoy that 'just from the fireplace' warmth, and making his way down the hall to find the speaker.

It is thus that he enters into the main dining hall of the cleric's guild, or at least what he considers as such based off his own experiences with a similar establishment back in Ansteorra. Tomatoes... everything on the table is a tomato, tomato byproduct, tomato extract, or covered in some form of tomato paste/sauce. With a brief shake of his head and a strong desire for some fried egg, he begins assembling a meal for consumption. This is of course done by grabbing the first three appetizing things before him, because most of it will end up tasting the same anyways.

He joins and listens to the conversations sparsely, mainly because most of them just too cheery, too energetic, too happy to the point where he begins to question if they are of this plane. "Thanks again for keeping watch over me while I was getting better. Here's something you can use to buy... some... religious relic. A tomato juicer or something <.<" coughing briefly into a paw at the sudden awkwardness before giving her a wave and heading out on his travels. It was a shame they were just so freaky, a couple of them were even cute.

"And now... to find my contact I suppose." he mutters, trying to keep a low profile and a stern expression lest he look too much like an easy target. Down the crowded main roads and through the bazaar, with a firm hand on his pouch, to arrive at the docks. "Nice place, wish I'd arrived here as planned" and so he then in turn seeks out the dockmaster to inquire if he knew where the Roger Moore was due to be docked so that maybe, just maybe he could arrive there seek out Burr's contacts anyways.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: