Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Return to Grak'thar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 7:36 pm    Post subject: Return to Grak'thar Reply with quote

Summary at the bottom for those who don’t feel like reading all of this.

The lone figure stood by the gates, cloak billowing about her in the wind. A soft sigh escaped her lips and she dropped her hood. The light of the sun hit her headfur and it lit like flames, trailing behind her, licking at the sky as though it were real flames. She did not know how long she had been standing there and had lost count of the flimsy reasons she had used to convince herself that she should leave now. She whispered softly toward the city, “I’ll be back. I don’t know when but I’ll be back.”

Turning around then, the only true reason she was leaving lay upon the ground, unconscious. “I’ve lingered long enough.” Straightening herself up, she strode over to the figure and hoisted her upon the waiting scarhawk, then climbed up behind the figure. She settled herself, then sat the unconscious body up and arranged it so they would both be comfortable. There was still a long journey ahead and at the moment it seemed as difficult as the road to Ebonstar.

She had changed somehow, the emotions which once so easily over took her though there were only ever to be seen now when she wished them to be. Though she felt her strength wavering, she pressed onward. Leaning over, she spoke to the comatose figure in front of her, more comforting herself than anything else. The journey became routine after a while: stop just before the sun goes down, eat a little hardtack and dried meat, arrange the figure comfortably, pass out, arise before sunrise, eat more hard tack and dried meat, arrange them both for the ride ahead, and ride. Of course she stopped periodically while riding for necessity, but as the days faded on the journey, she no longer paid attention to where the ‘hawk was going, trusting his instincts. She did not even noticed when she passed from the borders of Austia into Tigath, something she should have been acutely aware of.

Preparing to camp for another night, she had lost count of how many days she had been traveling; she was suddenly surprised by a Tigahrrim war party. She blinked and reached for her glaive, but she was not quick enough and was completely surrounded. She never heard the mysterious figure who stepped behind her. The figure grabbed her from behind and squeezed her tightly. In the exhausted state she was in, the squeeze forced the air from her lungs and she wheezed and choked. She had little strength left in her and the squeeze was enough to cause her to black out. The figure caught her as she fell and lifted her up, shaking its head. “Bring the other and their gear.”

Sometime later, she awoke with a start wondering what had happened and where she was. She blinked and looked about. The figure she had been carrying with her on the journey was resting near her which brought a smile to her face, but that was all she could see in the dark. Trying to be as silent as she could, she slipped from the mat she was lying on, something vaguely familiar about it. She groped in front of her, reaching for a wall or something solid to guide her about the room they were in. What she found instead was a piece of fabric. She followed it, until she found an opening and stepped through. She was shocked when she plowed right into a familiar face.

“What? How? When?” She laughed and threw her arms about the figure, hugging him tightly.

“Shhhh. Now is not the time. You are healed and stronger. You’ve been here for roughly three days, dehydrated and seriously malnourished. You know better, but now is not the time for berating you. You need to continue on. There are fresh supplies in your packs and your ‘hawk is rested. I’ll help you load your passenger. She’s unconscious but I’m sure where you are going it will be taken care of.” He hugged her tightly, then went about the task of readying the unconscious body for the rest of the trip, while she cleaned up and ate. “There’s extra clothing for you in the bags and a few other things as well, such as full water skins. Take care of yourself on the rest of the trip. You are needed.”

Giving a nod, she finished what she was doing and prepared to depart. “Thank you.”

The rest of the journey was easier, but even so it was nothing but a blur. It took a few moments for her to realize that the shadow she was in was the mountain. She had finally returned to Grak’thar.

Hoisting the comatose body, she strode up to the doors and yelled into the Mountain, knowing it would echo through the halls, “Help me. I have Bryanna and she is unconscious and has been for days.”

Within moments a dozen Acolytes came running through the Halls. Caedmon lifted Bryanna from Kele’s shoulders and shouted into the Mountain, “Kele-De Dh’oul, Seal Mistress of Mind has returned Home, bearing Bryanna Dh’oul, Seal Mistress of Mind.”

Kele turned her head up to Caed, smiling. “I’ve brought this as well; though it needs to be purified before any use it. I believe Erisvan was using it to control Bryanna.”

Caed blinked at her and called into the mountain, “She’s brought the Mind Seal with her as well.”

The only other Seal Master in the mountain came running up then. Eithne, beaming happily as always, skipped up to Caed and Kele.

“All students return to your studies.” Caed called out. The students about htem groaned loudly, but one look from the Seal of Harmony sent them scattering. He turned to look at both Kele and Eithne then. “We’ve much to discuss. There’s a new Seal of Courage to be chosen, trouble in the West, and now it seems the Seal of Mind needs to be decided as well.”

Tl;dr summary:

After a long journey from the Deadlands, Kele finally arrived at Grak’thar with an unconscious Bryanna. Seems there’s much that needs to be done at the Pillars. With Bryanna having been found and brought back to Grak’thar it remains to be seen what will happen to the Mind Seal, besides having it purified. A new Courage Seal needs to be chosen as Rourke is dead and there’s trouble with the Western Tribes that needs to be seen to.
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kele-De sighed softly and glanced up from the paper work at the knock on her door. “Come in.” She called, unsure what or even who to expect with this visit. In the past few days she had been at Grak’thar, she had been making up for Rourke’s absence. Her paw ran through her headfur and she smiled at Caed.

“It’s late for you to be up and visiting isn’t it?” She smiled and set her quill down, paw extending in offer of the seat across from her.

“It’s late for you to be up, going over papers. Or perhaps you are doing something else?” Caed slid into the seat, reclining in it nad making himself comfortable.

“I was thinking about penning a few letters to those in Ansteorra as I have no idea how long I will be here. Is she awake yet Caed?” Things weighed heavily upon her since returning to the mountain. She had left without any word to any within the city that she was gone. She had not told them how long she intended to be gone, because in truth she herself had not known and the way things were going it appeared as though she would remain in the Pillars for some time to come.

“I do not know. I have not checked on her as I thought would be.” Caed reached a paw out for hers, trying to comfort her.

“I’ve not had the heart to walk in and see her lying unconscious still. I may have rescued her from Ebonstar but I can not face the possibility that she may not waken Caed. I have not told any but those tending to her what happened. I knocked the Mind Seal loose from the contraption she has upon her arm and…” She sighs softly, shaking her head and withdrawing her paw from his reach. “..she tried to blast me with the Seal..only it backfired and she ended up harmed in the end.”

Caed nodded as he listened to her, patting her paw as she spoke. He frowned slightly as she withdrew her paw from his grasp then sighed softly. “I would have thought that you would not have left her side. Though I understand now why you do not linger with her.”

Kele shakes her head. “I don’t really think that you do.” Her chair scrapes against the stone as she pushes it back and rises to her footpaws. She slipped from behind the desk and began pacing about the room, speaking as she went. “Bryanna is really the only mathair I have ever known and I mean that in the motherly sense. I believed her dead before. Perhaps that was for the best. I saw how Erisvan twisted and warped her mind. All is forgiven for it was not really Bryanna who said and did such things, but if she never wakes, I can pretend that she died before I ever saw what happened to her. If she lives however I will have my mathair once again. Right now it is too hard to sit and wait to find out which alternative I am facing.”

Caed nodded as he studied her pacing in the room. “Perhaps some sleep will help?” He offered before rising himself. He stood behind her, setting his paws upon her shoulders. “And I will have them notify you the moment Bryanna is awake.”

Kele paused as his paws touched her shoulders. “Perhaps sleep would be best and thank you. I’ve already informed them of my wish to know such.” She opened the door and gave a nod. “Good night, Caedmon. I’m sure I will see you on the morrow.”

Caed tilted his head, studying her once more. She had changed so much since she first left the Pillars all those years ago for Ansteorra. She hardly seemed to be the same femme any longer. As he exited her chambers, he wondered what had changed her.

Summary: Kele's waiting for word that Bryanna has awoken.
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shadow of the mind's eye...

That's what she called it. When the mind cannot 'see' clearly, reality is obscured beneath a veil of haze. Black and white become the same dull grey, truth becomes conjecture and lies become possibilities. Such a power was forged in secret, the essence of a creature of pure psionic energy bound into a crystal through alchemical means long lost. She'd said it was a power never to use. To keep it safe, secret, forgotten except in the most dire circumstances. That soul bound in the stone would know when it was appropriate, she knew better than anyone.

I failed, you know. Failed to protect them, failed to prevent that creature from killing her in the Dhamzon. As I took up her fallen stones, I'd even failed in my own defense, fleeing from that wretched place without even the body of my mistress to bury in the Tigahrrim way. The jungles claimed her as their own, I just ran and ran to save my own fur. My life is a circle of failings: To fit in as Sealmistress, to retrieving Time, to raising Kele.. Forgive me iníon.. to retrieving the Daemonicus seal, even toward my own end. I had been Shadowed. The Destroyer saw to that. My own mind.. that which I prize more dearly than a thousand Tigaths.. gone, like the shadows under a lantern flame.

Failed. I couldn't even serve my new mistress well enough.

I cannot go on like this. I have lost part of myself, and the will to worry about such trivial things. I can no longer be worthy to remain a Sealmistress, or face the Masters at the Pillars. If not by the Primes, I might not even be here now. Kele succeeded where I failed.

She will succeed me. I know she will.

Excerpted from Bryanna's journal, written on the day she woke up from her coma
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2005 12:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kele ran a paw through her headfur, the habit becoming so routine there hardly seemed a moment when she wasn't combing her fingers through her headfur just to help her think and concentrate. She was so busy pouring over the latest papers to arrive on her desc that she never heard the knock upon her door. Caed, who had been frequently coming to see how she was doing, opened the door a crack when she didn't answer after a second knock.

"Kele-De? Are you in here?" He called not wishing to disturb her privacy by simply barging in.

Kele jumped at the sound of his voice, heaved a sigh as she had been interrupted and nodded before answering softly. "Yes, I am. Come in."

Caed opened the door entirely and peeked around it. "I thought you'd want to know: Bryanna is awake."

The figure seated at the desk nodded, though said nothing more. Her fingers lifted the paper she had last been looking at and she began reviewing the contents of it once more as though it were the most important thing in the world. Caed simply stared at her. This was not the reaction he had anticipated. Her head lifted then and stared back at him. "Is there something else you need?" She asked in a polite tone. "Because if that is all, I have metters to attend to at the moment and will deal with that when I am ready."

Caed continued to stare in disbeleif at her, before silently shutting the door and leaning against it. Kele still hadn't told him everything about her travels to Ansteorra and the things that happened there. He was surprised by that, but then again when she had returned to Grak'thar she had taken her responsibilities as a Master with such grace, poise, and confidence he knew something had changed her.

The moment the door was shut, Kele stood and began pacing about the room, tears welling in her eyes. She wasn't quite sure if she was ready to face Bryanna, but at the same time all she wanted to do was fly to the hospital wing of Grak'thar and hug her mathair tightly. She warred with her emotions briefly, before her desire to hug Bry as tightly as she could won out. Besides, she had a few questions for Bry. So, she opened her door, only to have Caed fall in on her. After the initial shock of ending up on the floor, she chuckled while getting up. Shaking her head, she laughed as she strode off down the hallway.

Caed smiled happily. He hadn't seen Kele smile, genuinely smile since before she had returned to the mountain with Bryanna and the Mind Seal. The smile and her laughter gave him hope that beneath her exterior Kele, the true Kele remained.

Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It was a reunion that Bryanna had mixed feelings about. She was neither excited to see Kele-De, but on the other paw, she hadn't wished to shut her student out, either.

So it was that Kele bounded into her room unannounced, as the elder femme slept restlessly, the healing enchantments on her arm making her drowsy, but not relaxed enough for sleep. Her student talked on and on, comforting her somewhat. She had missed such things, though her mind tended to wander these days. Nodding, before falling back into sleep, Bryanna allowed Kel to take the Mind Seal to Launcia for purification - perhaps removing Erisvan's stench from the stone would close thie harsh chapter that bookended the femme's life.

Kele-De was growing up, and Bryanna felt like an audience.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kele-De packed lightly. She planned on being gone as long as it took to fly to Launcia and back. Purifying the Mind Seal was important but there were other things weighing upon her now. The conflict in the West needed to be resolved and that was requiring more energy and focus than she had first thought it would and now she needed to help Bryanna.

Thoughts of that name caused her to sigh as she loaded what little she was taking upon Novantco. The visit the night before had been hard on her and she had hardly slept the night before her trip. She realized almost immediately the impact recent events had made upon Bryanna. She hadn't been sure how she was going to react seeing Bryanna for the first time after Bry had tried killing her. Perhaps it was best she took the trip at this time. Maybe it would help both of them.
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kele-De stood near the altar in the White Cathedral. She watched as the Seal was held above the altar, suspended there as the voices about her rang out. Suddenly, she felt herself being lifted from the floor and into the air. Closing her eyes, she listened to the singing about her. Though she had been told it would be a painful process, it turned out that it was not painful in the manner she expected. There was no physical pain involved; she simply had to relive every painful memory she had.

Hours later, after being set upon the ground once more, she panted upon all fours. Her cheeks were tear stained and she was aching all over but it was done. Standing up, she glanced over herself. The scars she once bore had vanished from her body.

The Choir stopped singing then and she was helped to her footpaws. The Seal was pawed over to her and she was hustled out of the chamber. Glancing down at both herself and the Seal, she smiled. Despite the memories she had had to endure, it was worth it.

That afternoon, she and Novantco were on their way back to Grak'thar. She now had Bryanna to help.
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

“You’re sure you don’t need me to stay and help train, Conchobar? I should at least stay for another week and spend some time with him before I go running off again.”

Caedmon hugged her tightly and shook his head. “Kele, ye ken I love’ye, bu’yer stallin’. Nex’week ye’ll beh’avin’nother excuse. If ye dunnae go soon, I’ill ‘ave tae tie ye tae t’hawk meself. Go.”

Kele laughed and pushed her old friend away with a grin. “Caed, you’ll be doing no such thing.” Turning back to the bed, she finished packing her bags.

Caed studied her for a moment, watching her pack. “Why do you keep stalling Kele-De? You love Ansteorra.”

Kele chuckled and turned to grin at him, throwing the flap of her bag over as she turned. “That’s why I keep stalling, Caedmon. I love Ansteorra. There’s no reason, other than my duties for me to return to Grak’thar and I really don’t need to be here to do those.”

Caedmon shook his head, laughing at her. “Ye’ll fin’a reason tae return. Ye’ll beh wantin’tae visit yer mathair, s’ye kin stop by th’Pillars on yer way.”

Kele raised a brow, chuckling. “You’re sure the Western Tribe isn’t going to be a problem? I can stay if you think you are going to have more trouble with them…I want that treaty to hold.”

“Ye ken we’ill beh fin’ere. Ye ‘owe’er need tae beh goin’.”

Kele smiled at him and chuckled. “Alright, alright. I’m leaving.”

Once more, she was looking upon the gates she had seen oh so many years ago when she had first entered the city. All those years ago, she had come here hidden beneath a hood and cloak, unsure of herself and now she had come full circle. Once more she was entering the city shrouded beneath a cloak and while she had grown since the first time she had walked through those gates, she was slightly unsure of herself returning after being gone for so long. Despite the similarities between her first appearance at the city and this one, her gait was lighter for she knew she had friends within; she just was not sure how those friends would receive her, after all she had just up and left one evening.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: