Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

By Kele-De: Plains of Tigath

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> The Great Library
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dissident
Board Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: By Kele-De: Plains of Tigath Reply with quote

[I was asked to provide a description of the Tigarrhim plains as that is where the refugees of Ansteorra will relocate. The land granted the refugees is given by the Kingdom of Austia however it is located in Tigath.]

Excerpt from Kele-De’s journal:

Year 4388 of the 3rd Era, approximately one week before arriving at the City of Tigath

I awoke that morning the way I awoke most every morning upon these shores. I was up before the rest of the clan and I sat upon the dunes watching the waves from the ocean lap up onto the sandy beach. I enjoyed starting my morning with the sound of the ocean and the first rays from the sun. It was particularly beautiful that morning. The dew sparkled on the high grasses where I sat and the faint light of dawn cast a pink glow to everything about me. I would miss these shores, but our game had moved on. They too were preparing for the changing seasons and so we would mount our scarhawks today and depart from this place.

I had taken the journey many times; every year of my life to be exact. Our tribe moved in time with the seasons and the game from one coast to the other. The western coast was nice and the sunsets there were beautiful but I preferred the rising sun in the east. It seemed to enhance the natural beauty of the earth. I’d always felt connected to nature. The breeze ruffling through my headfur at the moment only seemed to bring even more peace to my morning.

Today was a special day though. I was not moving with my clan. I was departing from them for the City of Tigath. I would never see these shores again if I could manage it. I knew the clans routes and once I finished studying the arts of the Seal Acolytes I was going to slip from the Tigarrhim borders and find some place new. My entire being vibrated with this knowledge and the day seemed perfect for my leaving.

I had broken my fast before I even sat in the dunes. I wanted to leave before I could be stopped. My parents didn’t approve, but they couldn’t deny me this as it was such an honor to become as Acolyte. I felt as though it were my only escape. The sounds of the camp beginning to rise and go about their daily business floated down toward me. I sighed softly and gave one last look to the shore. The sun was up now and danced about the waves as though it were waving me farewell. I waved back and whispered softly to the area around me.

When I arrived back at the camp most everyone was in the middle of preparing to ride. I padded up to my parents puball and entered slowly. A puball has a circular wall covered with hides. The wall is of lattice work and then above that is a slanted roof. There is a hole in the center of the roof which a flap of cloth covers when it rains. The main purpose of the hole is to ventilate the room. There’s a fire pit built into the ground directly below the hole for both cooking and heating purposes. My parents’ puball is always located in the center of the camp and is always the largest as my mother is the matriarch.

It’s such a burden being the daughter of the matriarch. You are expected to behave a certain way and take on certain responsibilities that others your age don’t have. I always felt as though I didn’t measure up. I performed them all admirably but my heart was never in it. I longed to leave the clan and study magic, hence why I asked to be allowed to go to the city of Tigath and face the Acolyte trials. I had no fear that I would pass and so I gathered up my belongings.

My Mathair stood there watching me. I couldn’t tell if she was angry or sad to see me preparing for my departure and at the time I was too elated to give it a second thought. Once I’d finished packing the few belongings I would need, I turned to say good bye to her. She wouldn’t acknowledge me and I had been prepared for that reaction. I knew she was unhappy about my departure though there was nothing she could do at this point to stop me.

I think she knew I had no intention of returning once I had taken my leave of the clan. Once I had completed my training in the ways of the acolyte I had every intention of leaving Tigath. I knew the border patrols rounds on instinct now. I’d gone with them a few times and learned their routines so I could make my escape. I wanted nothing to do with becoming a matriarch like my Mathair. Freedom and choice were the values I wanted to live my life by not a predestined route.

As I mounted the scarhawk, I couldn’t help smiling. I could feel my freedom around me as tangibly as I felt the breeze waft through my headfur. Novantco’s muscles rippled beneath my legs and I could feel the tension there. He was ready to take off and so was I. I gave him his leave and he was up in the air almost before I could grab hold of his feathers. Riding bareback on a scarhawk is the only way to travel.

After his incredible lift off, he settled in the air and I could look about. A sea of verdant green with flecks of yellow flowed before me in every direction I looked. Were I to turn about in the seat I would see scattered puballs within the sea as though rocks in the ocean. I would miss the sight of such rich lands but I could no longer live as I was a mere shell of what I could become. Waves crashed through the grass below as a breeze blew through and lifted Novantco and I higher into the sky, making the ocean below us appear vaster. My heart ached that I would leave such beauty but I had to follow my heart.
Dissident
Board Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original Topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> The Great Library All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: