Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Militia Roster
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> Post Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Solinox
The Solinator
The Solinator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:25 pm    Post subject: Militia Roster Reply with quote

A parchment with a generous amount of room for response is left nailed to the commonhouse.

After much thought, it has been decided that Caeseal Garrison, in the event of an attack, will be defended by a citizen militia, rather than any collection of full-duty troops. Anyone may volounteer for the militia reserve as long as they are prepared to assist in the defense of the fort should it be attacked. The ideal candidate is a citizen of good standing with a sense of loyalty to their home.

Simply sign your name below, and you will shortly thereafter be assigned a rank; besides indicating the proper structure of command in an attack, one's rank is a title that should be honoured by others as a testament to their loyalty, abilities, and dedication to preserving our new home.

Written below are the names of the two former officers of the Royal Army.

Solinox Avelhar, Lord Commander

Brax Thunderclap, Captain

Erk Mendon
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fiora skipped along the road, then paused at the sign. She ooooed and aahhhed and, with a piece of chalk, wrote down:
Fiora Mendon, Private; Erk Mendon, Private

Last edited by Erk Mendon on Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sirum
Runt

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirum, rather than waiting to be assigned a rank, quickly scribbles his name and a rank after, regardless of whether it would be erased later or not.

Sirum Hest, Master Corporal

Quite the plain title, really.
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kele ran a paw through her headfur as she looked at the board. She didn't like the fact that she might be called to fight against her Mathair's clan, after all she had grown up with them and was friends with some of them as well. She hated that she might be called to fight against Devnet, who had become her greatest ally against her Mathair, but those who had found their way to Caeseal she considered her clan and that was where her loyalties lie before all others. So, with an elegant paw she wrote,

Kele-De of the clan Caeseal Garrison, Corporal

A small smile could be seen upon her visage as she padded away from the board. She'd made her choice and her heart felt lighter for it.
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitzerina scribed her name underneath the rest:

Journeymage Kitzerina Elizabeth Na'Vision Lo'Caseal, Order of Fire, Second Class, Lance Corporal
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Aderion
Merchant
Merchant

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:01 pm    Post subject: Signing up Reply with quote

Aderion simply copies Sirum, assuming he knows the rank system. She assigns herself the same.

Aderion, Lance Corporal
Ruddiwyne
Flute Boy

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An elegant, carefully chosen hand has clearly penned this very formal reply. After all, the author places great weight on formality.

I, Jonathan Ruddiwyne, Bard and Artilleryfurre of Ansteorra, do hereby offer up my aid in the defense of Caeseal Garrison, Corporal
Solinox
The Solinator
The Solinator

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lord Commander wrote the appropriate ranks for each individual, occasionally scribbling out unnecessary portions that were written by them. Particularly comical was the way Jonathan's entry now looked.
Kivae
Gentry
Gentry

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Written painstakingly more neatly and clearly than is usual for the child, and missing the usual set of smudges and crumples is the following:

I, Kivae, vow to protect our new home and it's populace. However, I am not willing to accept commands or rank. Corporal

The last scribbled word seems to indicate that Brax gave her a rank anyway.
Rakuro
Possibly Mexican and / or Jewish

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rakuro looked over the script, the random titles and ranks given to various furres.. he shook his head slowly, then wrote in a now semi-familiar jagged script is:

Rakuro, give me a rank and you'll never touch armor again, unlisted
Thomas Ridwell
Gentry
Gentry

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Strongfoot, private.

The words were written in the neat, straight script of the small halfling mage.

Ranamor Quickfist & John Strongfoot.
Hikari
Hiki Pony

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In a preatty scribble done by someone with significant intelegence, it was written.

I, Hiro Diamondtear, of the Neatchiend Clan, Sware to prottect Ceaseal Garrison, Aslong as it doesnt go against My Clan or any of its Alliences. Go ahead, Place me a Ranking for it wont matter, Private

[The Devil]: "There was a time when I used to get lots of ideas... I thought up the Seven Deadly Sins in one afternoon. The only thing I've come up with recently is advertising." - Peter Cook as George Spiggott "The Devil" in Bedazzled (1967)
Solinox
The Solinator
The Solinator

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As the demon was illiterate, the Lord Commander, with her permission, wrote her name in.

Ruby Pyralis, Sergeant
Rivyn
Danger: Foul Language Ahead
Danger: Foul Language Ahead

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2004 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Written in the kind of hand that develops when someone with really terrible handwriting opts to take a career that involves writing seventeen page reports thrice daily:

To the right is inscribed, Sergeant.
Kalannar
Pronounced "Asshole"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 17, 2004 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The next response written would be somewhat messy. In fact, not even telligible to mostly anyone. It wasn't even in Common. Scribbled below other responses was a dabble of Drow scripts. Even the writing looked angry...

Were one capable of reading Drow, the reply would read as follows:

Kalannar d'lil qu'ellar d' Claddzynge, Elg'hasek

The Lord Commander seems to have been able to identify the language and take a good guess at who wrote it.

Corporal.

"It's hard to be near that much hardcore and not absorb some of it. Like awesome osmosis."
-Rivyn
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> Post Board All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: