Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

A happy jaunt to Sargothas, land of fun!
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> Quests
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:22 pm    Post subject: A happy jaunt to Sargothas, land of fun! Reply with quote

[OOC Note] I had the pleasure of writing this while having a bad day, so it's especially evil Very Happy [/OOC]

[OOC Rivedit] Reading one sentence into it, consider this your RATED-R fair warning o.o Mercy, woman, you need a massage or something.[/Rivedit]
The young ones, bound paw and foot, and tied to half-burned stakes cried out in insane fear as their number was whittled down to only ten; the corpses of their friends and siblings lie mutlated at their feet, the blood and viscera squeezing between their toes in a macabre display. With a dull snap, one of the kits' poled was snapped in half, and his fear-petrified body brought before the Dark Mistress. Forced to kneel, his face turned to hers, anger, fear and hatred, one by one, played over his features as his eyes, bloodshot from crying and pain told the contents of his broken soul. The Heretic leaned down toward him, and smiled a wicked grin, her face plastered with dried entrails, and breath reeking of dessicated flesh.

"You wonder why. What your little hamlet did to deserve this fate. You wonder if your Primes have forsaken you. Why me?" She intoned in a sultry, almost apologetic voice.

The boyfurre remained silent for a while. Not yet 12 summers old, he had seen his family, friends, neighbors and village destroyed, corrupted, twisted and tortured into a trauma induced amnesia before their bodies became not much more than mulch for the Ghola's feast.

His voice, shattered by his insanity merely blubbed out a single phrase: "I love you, mommy.." before the claw of Erisvan tore through his facial muscles, crushing bone, eyes and sinew in a single stroke, and returning from it's foray with the bloody gray blob that was once the young furre's brain.

As the Heretic tossed the lifeless body aside to be ravaged by her ferals, she took a second to answer for herself: "Because I could."

Kitzerina awoke with a start, and did all within her power to not scream out herself. Her eyes squeezed shut, but the image of that young kit burned into her eyelids. She looked down at Sirum, who was asleep, and sighed. Another night would go by without rest, and they had not yet reached the Sargothian plain. The night passed mercifully quickly, and the two set out on their trek again. The sun's rising seemed ever later as they travelled northward, dodging the undead patrols of the LIch King, and the spies of Erisvan. She hoped that she'd not have to see herself... but who knew who was watching them?

------

Hikari and Danu, fresh from returning from the Order of Iocus' Cathedral, barnstormed through the gates of Ansteorra. Their mission was clear, though it was not clear how exactly they would go about it. But the words and gifts of the Templar were wise, and they would be well heeded. But Rivyn seemed to have his own wisdom, and gathered a team to assault the mountain stronghold, to provide a distraction for Hikari and Danu's team. Rivyn's airship would hold up... maybe.

"Ya might accidently kill Kitzibeth in yer attacks..."
Rivyn smirks. "If my attackcs penetrate that woman's defenses far enough to do that, I'll personally crash my ship into the Mountain of Stars."
-------

[OOC]
Ok, standard disclaimer:
1) This is an all-level quest.
1a) This quest is 90% geared toward certain Characters. I'm sorry that this is so for those who feel left out, but those have put a lot of time into the backstory.
2) Character death is POSSIBLE This includes the people on the ship.
3) Don't bitch.

There are three seperate groups for this quest:
1) Kitzi and Sirum:
These two have a few days head start and will already be at the mountain by the time everyone else arrives.
2) The diversion team:
Everyone on the boat. The boat will be pummelled by baddies nearly constantly. The boat HAS to keep the baddies off the third team's back until they get in the mountain.
3) the Holy rollers:
Danu, Hiki, (Kivae?) and 2 others will sneak into the mountain to rescue Kitz and get the pattern back. Danu and Hiki get the choice as to who they want to bring along. I would -really- like KIvae to be in this team too, for a seperate plot that still needs to be finished.

If you're not on the assault teams, don't worry. The ship will be buzzing, and you will certainly get the same XP Smile

I'll need people to run NPCs. Lots of them. I'll post what I need tomorrow. Due to the extreme suckage of my computer, I cannot run more than 4 alts, and I need them all for plot NPCs. You -can- PC and NPC at the same time. No cheating!

Zag, since you're going to be on the ship, can you be my Co-DM there, and run init/emits? I'll send a list of what happens.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Zagnafein
Unique Title
Unique Title

PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2004 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitzibeth wrote:
Zag, since you're going to be on the ship, can you be my Co-DM there, and run init/emits? I'll send a list of what happens.

Yeah, cool. Unless I'll handle all that, unless Zag's idiotic bravado makes him jump down to kick undead ass if the ones on the ground are in trouble. Razz In that case I guess I'll just load up my old DM's Eye alt.

Just... at what time will this be? And it's on Friday, yes? Razz
Sirum
Runt

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: A happy jaunt to Sargothas, land of fun! Reply with quote

[OOC: Sirum's already gone? Shocked Or is this post ICly meant to happen tomorrow/the day after tomorrow? *was actually hoping to RP out his leaving as he still has 1-2 things to do before he goes* >.>]

[Edit: I can help with 2-3 NPC's as well if you aren't planning on RPing Kitzerina too much throughout the whole airship battle. Razz]
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zagnafein wrote:
Kitzibeth wrote:

Yeah, cool. Unless I'll handle all that, unless Zag's idiotic bravado makes him jump down to kick undead ass if the ones on the ground are in trouble. Razz In that case I guess I'll just load up my old DM's Eye alt.

Just... at what time will this be? And it's on Friday, yes? Razz

Oops >< I forgot the date/time. It can't be Friday, RL plans kinda take precedence Razz

It will be on Saturday, January 10th. 7PM FSTish Spillover to Sunday, same time if needed.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 8:10 am    Post subject: Re: A happy jaunt to Sargothas, land of fun! Reply with quote

Sirum wrote:
Or is this post ICly meant to happen tomorrow/the day after tomorrow? *was actually hoping to RP out his leaving as he still has 1-2 things to do before he goes* >.>

The quest timeline isn't going to match up exactly with real time, so don't worry about it.
Zagnafein
Unique Title
Unique Title

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitzibeth wrote:

It will be on Saturday, January 10th. 7PM FSTish Spillover to Sunday, same time if needed.

I can't make it, then. IRL matters for me on that day.

Last edited by Zagnafein on Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Makolev
Game Master
Game Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hour and a half lateness is still in effect.
Dissident
Board Lurker

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:52 pm    Post subject: Re: A happy jaunt to Sargothas, land of fun! Reply with quote

Kitz, private message me if you want me to do something about setting up my SHOUTcast server for quest music. I can also probably help out with the DMing, since I'm having second thoughts about sending Dalin on the quest.

Last edited by Dissident on Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
Danu Mimitsu
Game Master
Game Master

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Im not sure about this yet but i can try to handel some NPC's.

Im not sure though cus i suck and multi tasking so it would most likly be one NPC, two at Tops.
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Erg, depending.. I could possibly NPC, I'll say either later today or tomorrow. Real life issues, involving my father, other plans, and my leg. So yeah, I'll make a decision soon.

Known as Tremare Al'Taen Clefon, rarely others.
Solinox
The Solinator
The Solinator

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zagnafein wrote:
Kitzibeth wrote:

I can't make it, then. IRL matters for me on that day.

Well that's just great. Evil or Very Mad
Zagnafein
Unique Title
Unique Title

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Solinox wrote:
Well that's just great. Evil or Very Mad

Mhmm.
Rivyn
Danger: Foul Language Ahead
Danger: Foul Language Ahead

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shit. My schedule for this weekend is trashed, we had to fire someone at work, and guess who's picking up the slack. I'll work on getting friday and saturday night off, but no garuntees >.< If worst comes to worst, reschduling for next weekend, seeing as half the questers aren't available at those times.

-Just remembered, I should have no problem getting friday off, and if so, I'll be holding a small quest for the people unable to make it Saturday, in the area of a test raid on a small undead stronghold for all the would-be shipgoears, for practice purposes. I'll throw something up later today when I know for sure.
Kitzibeth
Feel my love!
Feel my love!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rivyn wrote:
Shit. My schedule for this weekend is trashed, we had to fire someone at work, and guess who's picking up the slack. I'll work on getting friday and saturday night off, but no garuntees >.< If worst comes to worst, reschduling for next weekend, seeing as half the questers aren't available at those times.

Next weekend is possible as well. I want to have as many people as I can, especially of the DMs. If needs be, I can run a miniquest-ish dealie this weekend to take the place of the real one if we need to reschedule.
Hikari
Hiki Pony

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i can stand 1 NPC, but lets remmember, its my internet we're talking about, you know how its got this fscking need to piss me off and not let me enter furc, so im here for ya!.

[The Devil]: "There was a time when I used to get lots of ideas... I thought up the Seven Deadly Sins in one afternoon. The only thing I've come up with recently is advertising." - Peter Cook as George Spiggott "The Devil" in Bedazzled (1967)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> Quests All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: