Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Member Recruitment Drive
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> OOC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rashenel
Knight
Knight

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tremare Clefon is a local shop owner. (Currently having taken over I believe Rowan's area?)

He's also a mage, if that's applicable, and also if needed could be referenced to being a street merchant, though that's quite the stretch. Just all the possibilities I'm listing. ^^

But I completely approve. Jobs are wicked. RPing real life in a timeset out of our actual one is very entertaining.

Known as Tremare Al'Taen Clefon, rarely others.
Dissident
Board Lurker

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't forget barkeepers at local taverns (contact the owners of said taverns), porters and stevedores (contact the Ansteorran port authority), and of course, rogues and seedier members of society. In that case, desire to join would have to be expressed OOC'ly, and further discussed.

We need to it clear that, unlike the typically sterile 'job' setup of other guilds, employees here aren't under all under the employ of the kingdom or 'guild,' but rather distinct political and societal factions with their own agendas and allegiances within the living, breathing capital city.

That said, not all the factions should get along. I could see the paladins set at odds with the mages for ideological reasons, or guards at odds with the teamsters (does Ansteorra have a union, I wonder?) and dockmasters at the ports for suspicion (and some proven cases) of larceny. The mercantile district should have much more grit, and more day-to-day hustle and bustle. It isn't as clean, pristine and controlled as the Capital District was.

I'm not saying new members should be dropped into a warzone, but we need to ensure that they don't feel as if our factions and guilds have some sort of 'united Ansteorran mindset.' Other guilds are very guilty of this, and we can avoid it.
Marlina
Missus Marl

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kitzibeth wrote:
I'd go so far as to say that we shouldn't do ANYTHING CS wise for a while - not least of which until Marl gets me those feat lists >.>;; Hurry up Marl!

We need to go back to a time of lots of RP and not so much in the way of CS-heavy quests. Hopefully, the new Dream will help in this regard.

On another note, who here would be dead against putting up a list of jobs/job openings? One good way to get a bigger memberbase is to give them something to DO right off the bat and then let them DO it, like running a shop or being a librarian or something.

Oops. Forgot about that. << I've got it mostly done, I just need to finalize a few things so I might throw it up tomorrow or thursday. One of the two.

Stop using the magic system like that! BAD FAIRY!
Algraves
Captain Hooker

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey! Long time no see :3, Been really busy at my job lately, Got a Promotion so they're expecting me to work now....Hopefully didn't screw up too much tonight >.<

I was thinking, so a Freeform battle, a Beauty Contest, how about a Riddling Contest alongside that Barding?

Riddles are always fun
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RIDDLE OFF. Like... a rap-off only better?

(Cue heavy bass)
"Yo, check it, uh, uhhh,-- so what's got two skizzle-inzz, within and without?"

"A glove, G!"

(Crowd): "DIZZAMN!"

.. That said. *cough* Shayde's the owner of Averon Cartography, which is still meager as far as shops go, and a member of a cartographer's union (at this point, probably one of the best known mapmakers in the city). None of my other characters hold any important job.
Algraves
Captain Hooker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dayla is a Ship Captain, so Uhh.... She's kinda above and beyond and something of a smuggler and Privateer (moar Recent) Its all Legit totally >.>
Adam
Squire
Squire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2007 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beauty Contest? Nayaioh wins by default! <3
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
L'rox
Gentry
Gentry

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Algraves wrote:
Its all Legit totally

Surrrrrrrrrrrrrre it is. Razz

I'm up for anything, but what I'm saying is that I've free formed for years, and I don't miss it to much. I see Anst's CS as its biggest advantage to Roleplaying Events, but other then that, I agree that we've been lacking any social events that don't require people whipping out Character Sheets.
However.
You can't expect people to attend this Guild not knowing what the Combat System is, since it IS the major determining factor during a Quest of any magnitude (outside of the rare ones where talking is all that needs to be done), even in its current fluctuating state, or seeing it put in use at least once so they see its not some titanic ogre that SOME people once thought when THEY saw it the first time round.

I suggest a Tournament of -everything-, Jousting, Swordsmenship, Archery, Brawling, Riddling, Singing, Cooking.

Just have characters sign up for things they are interested in participating with NPC's with generic skills filling in the void, Freeform all of it for all I care.

But I Honestly want to see Jousting.
Just cause I haven't seen it done in RP x3
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> OOC Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: