Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

The New Dream
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> OOC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sirum
Runt

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hold up. Why would the rooms require locks that prevent the entry of anyone ICly or OOCly? If someone enters, you inform them OOCly that it is locked if it is. I do not trust OOCly lockable rooms.
Marlina
Missus Marl

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

During the occupation, Mazus installed a variety of chapterhouses throughout the city, at the time they headquartered the Phoenix Intelligence Network (Later Blackwatch) and Liberation Army soldiers. It's reasonable to expect that even had the crown not stuck such in the district initially, the city watch would have annexed the facilities. *nod* Fighter's Guild... That's a silly concept and one we should absolve. There is the city guard, no one else.

Stop using the magic system like that! BAD FAIRY!
Kele-De
Arch-Wench
Arch-Wench

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't mind seeing an outdoor sparring arena again. At one point, Mage's Guild tests were conducted there and people actually RP'd spars there. There was a point when RP did occur there.
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Hold up. Why would the rooms require locks that prevent the entry of anyone ICly or OOCly? If someone enters, you inform them OOCly that it is locked if it is. I do not trust OOCly lockable rooms.

Meh... I thought over what you said, Sirum, and nix on the locks. We'll just have rooms. ^^

Yes, there will be a library (a two-story one, at that) and an outdoor arena with healing spells. The not-healing bit sucks.

We will have a chapter of the City Guard, including barracks - in my own personal mind, the Mercantile district has an eastern gate leading out of the city, for quick passage to the highroads for merchants. So there're also going to be a couple of watchtowers on either side of the gate that extend very high into the air, as part of the outer wall defense. They'll be flyin' Ansteorra's colors.

There'll also be a small forest area, including a pond and stream (so they actually make -sense-), a few campfires in the woods, and maybe Fen's cave/a cave in general (if she actually reads this post and IMs me saying she'd like it. Otherwise I"m not gonna bother since she hardly comes around.) Now all those cave MQs, those forest-creature attacks can be RPed IN THE DREAM YIPPEE SKIPPY!

We shall have no more of this 'extraneous dream' nonsense. Very few current RP dreams have a ton of members whose personal dreams are used more than the main one. We can hold a lot of our MQs right here in teh city, where they belong. ^_^
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I almost forgot! Shortcut DS. Now you can say @arena and go there without having to walk. <3
Ruby Pyralis
r00blar
r00blar

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shayde Enkiar wrote:
Oh, I almost forgot! Shortcut DS. Now you can say @arena and go there without having to walk. <3

Love.
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As decided beforehand by you, the playerbase...

He is vengeance. He is the night. He is... localspecies 1.

Algraves
Captain Hooker

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

....I COULD BE BATMAN V

*loves*

No one ever damn change this >.<!
Rivyn
Danger: Foul Language Ahead
Danger: Foul Language Ahead

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As it is, the docks are downstairs because Ansteorra is a big plateau, and the spring/garden area is a memorial to the old castle as well as just a nice place to hang out, and is completely artificial (water is pumped, some druid grew the trees overnight, etc).

The initial description of Ansteorra city was something to the effect of, a large plateau (think that place in New Mexico) that was situated near a major crossroads. Developed a bit more, it's a small trading/merchant area down by the road, and then you go up a gently graded (very gently - the plateau is less than 90 feet up, and you loop it twice. I did the math once, and it's like 3 degrees up from a flat plane) road, when you get into what we think of as "ansteorra city". Also, dwarves have lived here for awhile, so there's a wacky sewer system that honeycombs the entire place - labyrinthine doesn't begin to describe it. Also, the plateau overlooks the crescent sea, so that's what's up with our docks - it's a long series of ladders and steps, along with a system of cranes to bring cargo directly up into the city.
You see, I have an obsession with making geologically improbable locations that are easy to defend to the point of general silliness.

SO that's that. If you'd all like, I can sketch out a couple roughs of what the areas of the city are.

Also, BATMAN!!!
Sirum
Runt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Batman sucks. Localspecies1 should be FOUR's object.

Just imagine everyone floating around as a giant blue ball.
Fenrorell
Gentry
Gentry

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fen lives outside the city. No need to put her estate in-dream, Shayde. Ever. It wouldn't fit, it's like an underground mansion with fields and a stable and groves aboveground.

>.> But the finished product of the dream...could use some polishing for aesthetics.
Shayde Enkiar
Map Wench, apparently?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A lot of folks have access to the dream, ask one of them to edit it if you're desperate to get changes made.

See sticky: I'm not really around anymore.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> OOC Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: