Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Primes, That's Good!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ruddiwyne
Flute Boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:57 pm    Post subject: Primes, That's Good! Reply with quote

A buzz has been building for weeks in the lower quarters of the city. Fleet Street, one of the most notoriously run-down and generally slumlike boulevards in Tumbledown, has suddenly become a popular attraction point for the wealthy merchants and minor nobility. What a joy, for the elite, to take a walk on the wild side and stop in for a delicious meat pie hand-made by a Mrs. Nellie Lovett. It's something of a sensation, so the whispers go, to sample such a fine cuisine in the middle of the most dangerous lair of scum outside of the sewers themselves. And oh, to think of it! What was once just another flophouse has seen itself transformed into a sparkling, shiny new tavern, complete with a tonsorial parlor operated by the finest barber in the city, Mr. Sweeney Todd!
Ruddiwyne
Flute Boy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes indeed, it would appear as though things are on the mend on Fleet Street, thanks to the fine, respectable business provided by Mrs. Lovett's Meat Pies. So great is the business generated by the pie shop that a throng can be seen around the front of the building, a constant stream of customers coming and going, freshly shaved, ladies' hair pomaded and cut in the latest dashing styles, and smiling with the sticky crust of a delicious minced pie still at the corners of their lips. The weekends have it the worst, when the poorest folk of Tumbledown come gripping their half a silver to take a pie home and have their faces scraped clean by Mr. Todd's expert razor. Frequent scuffles have broken out outside the impressive building, due to impatient customers cutting in line. Still... life appears to be good to the lucky entrepreneurs. Money coming in hand over fist, and the wealthy and the poor alike leaving the tavern, smacking their lips and saying "Primes, that's good!"
Ruddiwyne
Flute Boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fire consumed the seemingly abandoned pie shop, once it had been properly looted and picked over by the scags of Tumbledown, leaving nothing more than a stone slab with a burnt staircase leading down into the sewers. Within days, the delicious meat pies were nothing more than a fond remembrance in the hearts and mouths of those lucky patrons who once shopped at Mrs. Lovett's Pie Shop.

Macarius showed up a day or so later, clutching at a hand-made bandage around his neck, raving about a crazy barber and an escape through the sewers. Within a week, he was back to his normal, slightly-off self, sporting the beginnings of a new scar across his throat.

Nellie Lovett and Sweeney Todd were never seen again. Not even bodies were found. Not even the corpses of the furres lost to the razor were found. Only piles of black ash in a burnt-out walk-in oven.
Ruddiwyne
Flute Boy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

XP:
+30 to Cepi, Tekarin, Fenrorell, Six, Tantsui - Completion.
+20 to Davilvi, Axani - Partial Completion.
+5 to Davilvi, Six - Excellent RP.

Loot:
Demon Razor (2d3+1 dmg, +3% severity, +2 IB): Tekarin
Butcher's Knife (1d4+1 dmg, +1 to hit, +1 IB): Tekarin

Thanks to Sirum and Marlina for helping me out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> IC Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: