Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums
Notes, Musings, RP, Life

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

By Hikari: Nightmare

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> The Great Library
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dissident
Board Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:52 pm    Post subject: By Hikari: Nightmare Reply with quote

Nightmares:

A long time ago, During the prime wars, The ever confrontation between Aristaya and Taglinn Tigh escalated, Aristaya believed that giving furres the ability to rest and joy at the same time was but a celestial gift, But Taglinn always thought that scaring them to never let them rest was better, henceforth torturing them.

It was then when Aristaya grabbed a knife and cut out a piece of her hair, she threw it at the winds and from there they went everywhere, they became the wind. Every furre, man, dwarf or elf that would feel that wind would immediately be sleepy, and so, the joy full breathe of dreams was started, and they would soon become recognised by the other primes when the First law appeared, her invention became very important.

However, Taglinn thought that this had more potential, the prime of Fear wished to use her invention for none other than evil, and so he came up to her in her sleep and sliced but a single lock of her hair, barely escaping alive once he was found.

At his quarters he drew mist from his ribs, he cast incantations of the hair, he twisted its natural being, into an unholy creature, and it gave it life, if you would call that life at all. After various experiments and a lot of hard work nearly exhausted and energy drained, Tigh had infused a part of himself into the lock, giving a twisted meaning of life. It took the race of Aristaya because it was from her, but after Taglinn was done with it, a comparison with her would be offensive, its skin was evil black and he sprouted flames instead of hair, black flames… He had created the first Nightmare.

“Ah my creature… You shall hide yourself in the breath of dreams, making yourself pass by as one of them, and just then you shall spread my power of fear to every single creature that sleeps, there will be no sleep” He grinned and then released him…

Nightmare got stronger, ever victim it secretly infected granted him more and more powers, Tigh had created a monster that unknowingly became a threat, he asked Tallus, and he only said that if he would not repress it now, it would take over as the Prime of Fear.

On the mountains Tigh stood and called for his creature, it disobeyed him, fatal mistake.

There was really no battle, Taglinn controlled Nightmare and executed his full power, he was but a slap away from killing Nightmare, but he had a better Idea.

“You ungrateful creature! I should kill you now! But luckily for you I have a better idea… After all, I wasted too much time in you”.

He shot his mist at nightmare, as it screeched, Nightmare became solid, A black stallion horse, strong, A Equine equivalent of Tigh’s strength, after that he proceeded to torture him some more, out of pleasure, and then he cursed him.

“You shall continue your mission, but now, each victim you kill will become one of you, you will not be able to express your full power until I” lightning shock the Horse “Say so!... You shall create my legion of slaves, Nightmares… For you are now Chauchemar, the First”.

Nightmare, or now Chauchemar, thought he had lived the worst; he was wrong, Taglinn grabbed him by his extremities and bit him in the belly, completely eating a hole to the stomach. And then the mist of Tigh’s chest sprouted and entered the equine’s torso, filling him with it, even after letting him go the mist kept holding him up in the air, filling him with it… But after just a minute, all that mist shot itself out forcefully out of the first nightmare, taking out tiny darker cloud; lots of them, and those clouds latter shifted themselves into spectres of Chauchemar’s head, floating in mid air, the second generation of nightmares. The first however was now on the floor, naked and dieing, but to much of his discontent, Taglinn faded expressing these words “They are yours and you shall live for as long as I want you to, you can command them and take them inside you, but only a phew, I have left you with little strength and I intend you to stay like that, and you will never be able to reconstruct yourself, now go my creature! Haunt the night!”

Chauchemar soon learned of his abilities, he was able to manipulate his counterparts, he learned they were a extension of him, that he could see from they’re eyes, this would have made him even more powerful, if not for the fact he would never be able to reunite all his strength again. Indeed, he is still stronger than any mortal, but never again will he be what he was.

In all this time, the fist Nightmare has disappeared, but they still roam the land, with the promise to maybe some day, be able to strengthen instead of multiply.

Geography:

Everywhere, Chauchemar the first still wanders the land, but almost none know of his existence, even the Heretic of Fear thinks he is but a myth, and if he is not, he knows also that he is not a force to be played with.

What are they?

Nightmares are spirits that go inside a mind while it rests. They usually just stay for the night, gathering enough fear to fee themselves, but the really trickster ones like to latch on for a week or two, maybe even until the victim dies, but a trait of them is that when they become too powerful, they divide into two. Creating more and more.

Nightmares are Icky things, they’re considered unholy and can be exorcised, but only if they have just recently latched on. If they’ve stayed for too long they become latched so much with the person’s mind, an exorcism is too rough and risks killing the person as well, or at least leaves them very mentally disturbed.

Last edited by Dissident on Mon Feb 21, 2005 5:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dissident
Board Lurker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2005 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Original Topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Kingdom of Ansteorra Forums Forum Index -> The Great Library All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: